Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FXX - which channel package?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Richard

Richard

Legend

• Registered
  • 212 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

Have they said what package it's going to be in?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   SChonson

SChonson

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

I don't care what the channel placement is. I'm stoked I'm even getting FXX at all! Bring on the new Sunny!

#63 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

If a majority of the good shows are moving from FX to FXX what does that leave FX at?

It will be a barren wasteland.

I do love Legit and Louie,I havent checked out the League yet,will soon.

Charlie Sheens show and Wilfred can be bit annoying.Charlie and Two and a Half Men where a match made in heaven.

That damn Ashton Kutcher is kind of ruining it for me,but thank God for Jon Cryer as he is the glue.
Mas Ultra Package + NFL ST MAX (Go Bills) MLB Xtra innings (Go Yankees)
1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

#64 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

If a majority of the good shows are moving from FX to FXX what does that leave FX at?

It will be a barren wasteland.

I do love Legit and Louie,I havent checked out the League yet,will soon.

Charlie Sheens show and Wilfred can be bit annoying.Charlie and Two and a Half Men where a match made in heaven.

That damn Ashton Kutcher is kind of ruining it for me,but thank God for Jon Cryer as he is the glue.

Anger Management and Louie aren't moving, they're staying on FX. So far the only ones moving are It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, The League, Legit and Totally Biased with W Kamau Bell.

http://www.thefutonc...&genre=&studio=

FX will still have Archer, The Bridge, Anger Management, Wilfred, American Horror Story, The Americans, Justified, Louie, Sons of Anarchy and a few others I'm sure I've missed.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#65 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

FX is having all the dramas and movies, FXX will focus more on comedies and sitcoms.

Besides all the already announced switches when it comes to FX's originals, during the daytime FX will have shows like Buffy, Ellen, Two and a Half Men, and a LOT of movies. FXX will have Spin City, Mad About You, The Hughleys, Sports Night, Arrested Development, How I Met Your Mother, Parks and Recreation and Freaks and Geeks.

#66 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

FX is having all the dramas and movies, FXX will focus more on comedies and sitcoms.

I know that's what they said initially but there are comedies staying on FX.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#67 OFFLINE   slinger45

slinger45

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

The best thing about the split off as I read it from the person in charge is that creating extra channels allows them to have a higher budget for new programming. So for us who love basically everything that FX has come out with, adding another channel or two will allow them to have more new shows. Sounds great to me.

#68 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,024 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:16 PM

Besides all the already announced switches when it comes to FX's originals, during the daytime FX will have shows like Buffy, Ellen, Two and a Half Men, and a LOT of movies. FXX will have Spin City, Mad About You, The Hughleys, Sports Night, Arrested Development, How I Met Your Mother, Parks and Recreation and Freaks and Geeks.

sportsnight? Wow something I will record form that channel. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#69 OFFLINE   Robin112

Robin112

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

So fxx is goin to have some sports is that why is gonn stay in channel 619 in the sports section

#70 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,949 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

Please do not fret over channel placement- a lot of moves are under foot.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#71 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,577 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

So fxx is goin to have some sports is that why is gonn stay in channel 619 in the sports section

Sports Night is not sports. :)

"Sports Night is an American television series about a fictional sports news show also called Sports Night. It focuses on the friendships, pitfalls, and ethical issues the creative talent of the program face while trying to produce a good show under constant network pressure. Created by Aaron Sorkin, the half-hour prime time comedy-drama aired on ABC for two seasons, from 1998 to 2000."
WikiPedia

Basically a sports version of The Newsroom airing on HBO.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#72 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,949 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Sports Night is not sports. :)

"Sports Night is an American television series about a fictional sports news show also called Sports Night. It focuses on the friendships, pitfalls, and ethical issues the creative talent of the program face while trying to produce a good show under constant network pressure. Created by Aaron Sorkin, the half-hour prime time comedy-drama aired on ABC for two seasons, from 1998 to 2000."
WikiPedia

Basically a sports version of The Newsroom airing on HBO.

Or a bit like The Larry Sanders Show without the extremes? Less humor? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#73 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,577 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Or a bit like The Larry Sanders Show without the extremes? Less humor?

Less Sorkin. :D
  • Laxguy likes this
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#74 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,024 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

Sports night was one of the best 30 min shows I have ever seen. Its comedic and dramatic both.... Maybe some of sorkins best work IMHO. I'll never forget the episode that actually began during an airing of west wing, they showed someone on the west wing turning on a TV to watch the nightly sports news at the end of the show and zoomed into the TV and it was sports night beginning. That's how you transition from be show to the next without a commercial... :)

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#75 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,577 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

I'll never forget the episode that actually began during an airing of west wing, they showed someone on the west wing turning on a TV to watch the nightly sports news at the end of the show and zoomed into the TV and it was sports night beginning. That's how you transition from be show to the next without a commercial... :)

Sports Night was on ABC (Tuesday 9:30 PM ET), West Wing was on NBC (Wednesday 9:00 PM ET the first six years).

While I would not be surprised to hear that there was a nod to Sports Night by showing a clip on West Wing (perhaps after Sports Night left the air) I do not find a mention of it on http://westwing.bewarne.com/overlaps/ ... which is a decent site about West Wing (at least for the early years). In any case, a commercial free transition between the two shows would not have been possible airing on separate networks.

#76 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

FYI, the FXX programming is already in the guide for 619 starting on 9/2 at 7am with a Parks And Recreation marathon.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#77 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

FYI, the FXX programming is already in the guide for 619 starting on 9/2 at 7am with a Parks And Recreation marathon.

I will refuse to watch it until they move it into the 300's.

Who here is going to protest with me?

J/K :grin:

• Laxguy likes this
Mas Ultra Package + NFL ST MAX (Go Bills) MLB Xtra innings (Go Yankees)
1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

#78 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

You could at least setup your Series Links so you have the shows when/if they move the channel.  :P

And yes, the SL's will follow the channel change since it would just be a virtual re-mapping.  They just don't move from the SD version to the HD version of a channel.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#79 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,472 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:34 AM

The millions of people who don't follow these things on the Internet, don't have the sports pack and don't wander into the 600s to see what is on.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#80 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

The millions of people who don't follow these things on the Internet, don't have the sports pack and don't wander into the 600s to see what is on.

If they are watching FX they'll know about FXX and find it.  If they aren't watching FX then they won't care about FXX either.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

spam firewall