Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FXX - which channel package?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 446 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

No, you still don't follow the logic..  Look at how the systems English channels are aligned.  Locals are all in the 69 or less..  general is in the 200 to 300 premiums are int he 500s and local sports are after that...

Your local univision etc should be in the locals where it belongs, but aren't they also in the 400's?  I haven't looked in a while.

As for the premiums, actually, yeah I do think they should carve out a 10 channel area in the 400s and put them there too so my darn autorecord stops recording spanish versions as well as english versions of movies off hbo.  But more importantly, those who subscibe to just spanish stuff will have all their spanish channels in one area!  Easier to surf the guide and find stuff!

There is nothing wrong with putting all the spanish language other than locals together in the same groupings as they do the English channels.

I actually think what they should really do is....  Move all Spanish channels to the 3000 channel range AND any channel that has a Spanish sap track should also be located in the 3000k channel range and defaulted to the Spanish track instead of the English one.  (yes, even locals) This would not take ANY more bandwidth, itd all be remapps and default tracks.Heck, if possible they could even have all their extra innings and so on with spanish tracks in the 3700 range, etc...  They could also do say a 4000k range for other languages as well.  That would be truly catering to the foreign language subscribers.

I am already annoyed with hbo Latin showing up and getting recorded, I DO NOT want my sports records to start picking up Spanish games as well as English ones, or worse, picking up only the spanish one sometime and not getting an English one.  I dont speak spanish.   ;)  So I shouldnt have to figure out a work around for it, just as I dont believe spanish speakers who don't want english version shouldn't have to figure out a workaround to catch the spanish versions, or even wade through the english channels to find the spanish channels.

Oh, and of course I do have 119,m and plenty of people out there have 119 that dont have spanish packages.  In some places entire markets.

I agree with the SAP re-map. Cable does that. I know people who don't have Directv because they don't do that. 

I have no problem with the Spanish channels being together at all, they are just mish-moshed. Channels like ESPN (and History and Fox Sports and Nat Geo) that have a Spanish version could be re-mappyed to be near their English counterparts for those with the package, like Fox Deportes is now. I am surprised that I am in the minority, to me it just makes sense. International channels that are in the 400s should be somewhere else, with the other International channels. 

A complete channel re-vamp needs to be done, top to bottom - except locals, that is perfect the way it is. I would hate for them to go the cable route and put locals on stupid channels. Locally, Fox 8 is channel 1125 on cable. I honestly didn't know it was there for over 3 weeks during my short stint with Time Warner. I just don't want to see incoherent crap like that on Directv.

DIRECTV: Genie (HR34) w/AM21 and 1 client.
AT&T: U-Verse Internet, Motorola modem and Samsung Galaxy S3 cell.
LG 42" (1080p, 120 Hz, 3D, Smart TV), Samsung 32" (1080p, 60 Hz)
Denon AVR591, Panasonic Blu Ray, Magnavox DVD player, Philips VCR, Terk HDTVo.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

EJBVT,

You get EstrellaTv via Directv Local or by your am21 tuner.Also do you get local Telemundo HD?

Mas Ultra Package + NFL ST MAX (Go Bills) MLB Xtra innings (Go Yankees)
1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

#103 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 446 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

Estrella is an OTA subchannel here so it's through the AM21. It's in the database. There is no Telemundo affiliate near here, which is a shame during the Olympics because 406 and 407 are SD only...

Edited by ejbvt, 26 August 2013 - 05:08 PM.

DIRECTV: Genie (HR34) w/AM21 and 1 client.
AT&T: U-Verse Internet, Motorola modem and Samsung Galaxy S3 cell.
LG 42" (1080p, 120 Hz, 3D, Smart TV), Samsung 32" (1080p, 60 Hz)
Denon AVR591, Panasonic Blu Ray, Magnavox DVD player, Philips VCR, Terk HDTVo.

#104 OFFLINE   richard1428

richard1428

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

EJBVT,

You get EstrellaTv via Directv Local or by your am21 tuner.Also do you get local Telemundo HD?

In utah we get estrella tv via Directv. We dont have our local Telemundo. Which sucks because is the only spanish tv station with local news

#105 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 396 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

FXX is replacing Fox Soccer Channel (also FOX Sports 1 is replacing Speed).  Because both channels are vastly different in scope, new carriage deals must be negotiated.  So far, neither DISH nor DTV (or TW for that matter) have struck such deals.  If they don't, FOX will likely provide loops of old programming and so forth to those who have not signed on, much as they did with the Nat Geo flap a while back.

Will FXX move to a different channel? Hope so.

#106 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,179 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

Add me to the list of people who don't care about the channel number. Once my series links are set I'm done.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DBSTalk mobile app

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#107 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,650 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

If it doesn't change channel numbers when it goes live, I'm sure there will be an annoying banner in the guide near FX announcing FXX.

* Sat - 5lnb slimline dish - SWM16 F/W 2.0.24
* Network - hardwired - Apple Airport / Uverse 2wire router > Dell Studio XPS 800, Win7 Ultimate 64 bit, 8GB ram, Intel Core i7-860 processor, nVidia GeForce GTS240
* HR44-200/AM21 - coax enabled networking - hdmi to Sony STR-DG810 - Sony Bravia KDL-EX740 | Bose Acoustimass 600 5.1 speakers | Sony PS3 | xBox 360 | AppleTV | GenieGo
* HR24-500 - coax enabled networking - hdmi - Vizio Razor M260VA
* HR34-700/AM21 - Ethernet bridged - hdmi = Sony Bravia KDL-V26XBR1 | Slingbox Pro via HDConnect component cable

#108 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

If it doesn't change channel numbers when it goes live, I'm sure there will be an annoying banner in the guide near FX announcing FXX.

Don't worry there will most likely be one there and one next to FXX wherever it ends up anyway.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#109 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,338 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Call it annoying if you like but it's an easy way to make sure people know what's changed and what's new in terms if channels. The majority if people do not frequent here.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app
  • SPACEMAKER likes this

#110 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,650 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

Call it annoying if you like but it's an easy way to make sure people know what's changed and what's new in terms if channels. The majority if people do not frequent here.

I just called it "annoying" because so many people complain about them, even if there is useful info.  :)

#111 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,338 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

I just called it "annoying" because so many people complain about them, even if there is useful info. :)

yeah and I don't get that. They are all for things that you otherwise likely wouldn't even know about. If they where things from qvc that'd be different but they aren't.

#112 OFFLINE   jerrylove56

jerrylove56

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts
  • LocationNorth Alabama

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

Add me to the list of people who don't care about the channel number. Once my series links are set I'm done.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DBSTalk mobile app

Sorry tech savvy guys, but I have no idea what "series links" refers to and if its not 100 percent needed, than I don't want to  learn it right now.   Having similar channels linked in the guide makes too much sense.  I don 't have scientific numbers or evidence, but most of the people I know still channel surf.  It doesn't require a lot of thinking and sometimes we just surf for the "heck of it."

#113 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

@DirecTVService just replied to a question to someone regarding FXX and said it will take the place of Fox Soccer's channel number, which we already knew, before moving to the 200s at a TBD time.
Go Big Red!!!

#114 OFFLINE   Jeffro

Jeffro

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

I just saw on DirecTV's website, under the Answer Center, when you search FXX, it has quite a bit of info on the Fox Scoccer Channel program change.  What was most interesting is that it did not give the programming packages it will be in but instead said there will be a Free Preview September 2 - 13 on channel 619.  I would still like to know what channel packages it will be in.  So Satelliteracer, if you can answer this question for all of us that would be real nice.  Thanks

#115 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

@DirecTVService just replied to a question to someone regarding FXX and said it will take the place of Fox Soccer's channel number, which we already knew, before moving to the 200s at a TBD time.

That is what I figured, but it is nice to hear.  Hopefully they move Fox Sports 2 down next to Fox Sports 1 at the same time.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#116 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

FXX should be on the 250's near the FX channel, I think it should be next to FXM to take its place from the former Cinemoi, since it's not about sports it doesn't have to be on ch 619, unless they're already planning to channel change.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#117 OFFLINE   Jeffro

Jeffro

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

On DirecTV's website under News, then on Channel Updates it states that FXX will be in the XTRA package and above. 

#118 OFFLINE   moob

moob

Legend

• Registered
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

On DirecTV's website under News, then on Channel Updates it states that FXX will be in the XTRA package and above. 

Here: http://news.directv....sept-2-sept-13/

First, "the FX" is a thing? Second, Legit isn't new. Season 2 starts next year.

#119 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

Can we link this in another thread and get back on topic :)

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#120 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,902 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

Referring to 23 posts not about FXX ...

Can we link this in another thread and get back on topic :)

Good idea. Series Link discussion moved to its own thread:
http://www.dbstalk.c...makes-no-sense/
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...