Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

witch new next gen console are you planing too get

ps3 xboxone

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TheSpider

TheSpider

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

witch new next gen console are you planing too get? i am considereng all my optshons but may end up doing more on pc i cant knot say that i am looking forwerd to either of the next gen systems but the ps4 wood be the clear winner to me right now i do knot like the idea of having to be isp conected too play my games the ps3 use to be grate and was inovadive but now they just all try to be like each other and are more worryed abot streeming then game qwality.

so if i had too place my vote on 1 it wood be the ps4

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,198 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:30 AM

For me, *if* I get one it'll be the Xbox One.  All the stuff that people didn't like about the initial announcement has now been revoked.  You won't need an internet connection to play a game - even the "once a day phone home" is gone.  They also got rid of the crap that people were afraid about concerning used games.

The #1 thing I have against the Xbox 1 is the same thing I would have against the PS4 if I had a PS3 - no backwards emulation.  All the stuff I've bought is obsolete - no big deal there - but in order to keep using it I have to either move it elsewhere or make more of a rat's nest of cabling.

Microsoft says they want the Xbox 1 to be "Input One" - the thing you get everything through.  But they directly contradict that by not having an emulation mode - so either you stop playing your old games or you have another input.  And don't give me the crap about "it's a new architecture" - In 7 years, the price of the computing power of the XBox 360 is a tiny fraction of what it was 'back then'.  You can practically put it on a chip - which could have done the lion's share of the emulation work (I wrote software for a living for 35 years).

For me, one of the appeals was in that I might be able to REDUCE the number of inputs (and remote clutter) now that the game console would have a Blu-Ray player.

So I'm still on the fence...  Not sure WHAT I'll be doing.

#3 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

Existing thread on topic here: http://www.dbstalk.c.../?hl=+xbox +one

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

#4 ONLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,098 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

Please follow the link, that thread has a poll going in it already.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

Protected By... spam firewall...And...