Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR44-500 loses connection

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TNMUSTANG

TNMUSTANG

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

I had an upgrade done this weekend.  They installed a Genie HR44 to my system,  I also have a HR23-700 DVR connected to the network.  Everything worked fine for 24 hours.  Now all of sudden, when we try to watch a program that was 'recorded on the HR23"  on the HR44, after 20 minutes, the HR44 looses connection and can no longer see the HR23.  If I go to the HR23, it sees the HR44.  I reboot the HR44 and it works fine for a little while.  I had the installer set up the HR44, to my home-internet connection wirelessly.  Before that, my DVR WAS NOT connected to the wireless system.  Any clues on whats happening, before I call Direct???  Thanks

Edited by TNMUSTANG, 28 June 2013 - 11:21 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,923 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

It would seem to me that your router is refreshing its DHCP leases too frequently. You can try static IP address, but most of the time the fix is a hard wired solution.
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   TNMUSTANG

TNMUSTANG

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

Peds, you mean hard-wired to the Router?  I really don't care if the HR44 is connected to the internet anyways.  Can I CANEL that connection to the router and solve the problem??   Thanks 

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,923 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Peds, you mean hard-wired to the Router? I really don't care if the HR44 is connected to the internet anyways. Can I CANEL that connection to the router and solve the problem?? Thanks

Yes, hard wired by either using a DECA or by connecting ethernet directly to the 44. I would run a "restore defaults" to get the 44 from your network, be aware that by doing that you be missing out on a lot of features
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   TNMUSTANG

TNMUSTANG

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

The unit that the HR44 replaced (it was not a DVR) was wired with a DECA to the HR23 and worked fine for 3 years!!  but, then again, it wasn't hooked up to the house network, either.  The installer said that the HR44 didn't need it, so he took it back with him!  (We have build a sunroom and now we LIVE out there,  That's why I had him place the HR44 in that room.  Thanks for your response peds!!  I appreciate it!

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,923 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

The unit that the HR44 replaced (it was not a DVR) was wired with a DECA to the HR23 and worked fine for 3 years!! but, then again, it wasn't hooked up to the house network, either. The installer said that the HR44 didn't need it, so he took it back with him! (We have build a sunroom and now we LIVE out there, That's why I had him place the HR44 in that room. Thanks for your response peds!! I appreciate it!

you are welcome. Keep us posted
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#7 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,355 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Yes, hard wired by either using a DECA or by connecting ethernet directly to the 44. I would run a "restore defaults" to get the 44 from your network, be aware that by doing that you be missing out on a lot of features

I have been experiencing a similar problem. I installed my 44 last night, and everything worked fine. This morning, the 44 inexplicably lost all Internet access. Other receivers cannot see the 44, but the 44 can see others on my network, and the box itself shows no Internet connectivity. I'm connected hard-wired via ethernet cable, too.

I've redone setup; reset network defaults; rebooted the router and the receiver--everything I can think of and everything very old school has even recommended. However, nothing has worked. I'm stumped.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#8 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

But you are missing the BSF, correct? That can cause issues all around.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#9 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,355 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

True. I've ordered one. I guess I should wait until I get one of those, THEN see if the problem persists.

BTW, why would it work yesterday but stop working 12 hours later? Just curious.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...