Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GenieGo for iOS v2.2.x - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

unistalled application on iPad reinstalled and now saying OOH is ok.    So far all I have tested for OOH is my iPhone not the iPad.    I am going to see if I can borrow my neighbors wifi to test OOH easier

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   tbolt

tbolt

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

photo.PNG

unistalled application on iPad reinstalled and now saying OOH is ok.    So far all I have tested for OOH is my iPhone not the iPad.    I am going to see if I can borrow my neighbors wifi to test OOH easier

By uninstalling and re-installing the app you basically performed the procedure below the hard way.

To completely kill or stop an App from running in the background on an iOS device - follow these steps:

1. Push the home (round) button on your device twice (like a double-click on a mouse)

2. You will now see an area at the bottom of the screen - this area shows which Apps are still running in the background.

3. Press down on any of the icons in this area and hold for a few seconds

4. All of the icons in this area should now wiggle or vibrate and have a Red Circle with a Minus sign in the upper Left corner of the icon.

5. Touch each red minus sign and that App's icon will now disappear - you have stopped the App from running.

6. Press the home button once to get back to normal operating mode.

7. Restart the GenieGo App

*Remember - You should perform this procedure once you are OOH.

Here is a screen shot of the red minus sign on an iPhone (works the same way on an iPad)

#63 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,665 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

attachicon.gifphoto.PNG

By uninstalling and re-installing the app you basically performed the procedure below the hard way.

Not necessarily.  all this does is remove the app from the RAM.  uninstalling the app removes all traces of the app and data if the user so chooses.  This sometimes is necessary to remove corrupted apps 

You will notice that sometimes DEVs recommend and uninstall of the app instead of an "upgrade"

this will become more of a "headache" once Apple allows delta upgrades if DEVs do not do the right coding 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#64 OFFLINE   tbolt

tbolt

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

Not necessarily.  all this does is remove the app from the RAM.  uninstalling the app removes all traces of the app and data if the user so chooses.  This sometimes is necessary to remove corrupted apps 

You will notice that sometimes DEVs recommend and uninstall of the app instead of an "upgrade"

this will become more of a "headache" once Apple allows delta upgrades if DEVs do not do the right coding 

Yes. You are right about that.

Un-installing an App will remove all traces of the App (and data - if the user chooses).

and there are some situations where you would want to uninstall and then reinstall the App.

Perhaps I should have said "to restart the App" perform the following.

#65 OFFLINE   stsrep

stsrep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Long time no post here at DBS but the GenieGo kind of changes that for me.

DTV gave me the unit and a genie HR 44 upgrade etc., so after a two week run I tried the OOH on my IPAD 2 and it actually worked!!

I watched/streamed an episode recorded on Monday to one of my DVR's and it shocked me that this thing actually worked as it is supposed to, I guess.

Anyway I'm going to continue to use this and see how the whole thing works out travel wise.

I look forward to the OOH on my Galaxy III when they turn it on for Android just to check it out.

DTV has been pretty good to me and I have been with them for 16 years.

#66 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Finally today I am seeing the HR24 on the geniego application. I also was able to stream a program within the house. Next step is to try OOH on both iPad and iPhone.

#67 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:59 AM

Ok so I got OOH working and was actually able to stream one SD show.   Howver other attempts I would get that the HD DVR was busy so could not stream.  The HD DCVRs are all off  and not recording shows.   I have also found that when I move from OOH back to home I must red minus the application to get it to show the playlist.

I also ended the application and now tried streaming to my Mac in the home and getting geniego is still streaming messages for a few minutes before I can watch.  BTW the shows I tried to stream to the iPad that got DVR busy messages didnt get those

#68 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,478 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

OOH generally works pretty good for me, but sometimes it takes 3 or so retrys to find GG. . . and the same in returning home.

Killing the multi-task is sometimes a quicker way.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#69 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

iOS Client v2.2.117

Issue: Shows Missing From Ready To Download
This is an interesting one. I pulled up the GenieGo app on my iPad and iPhone and selected the Filter for Ready To Download. I found that the shows listed on my iPhone were different than what listed on my iPad. Specifically, the iPhone shows that there are 10 episodes of Copper and 8 episodes of Ripper Street. My iPad shows 5 episodes of Copper and 7 episodes of Ripper Street. I tried forcing closed that app and relaunching, but had the same result.

I've attached some screen shots from my iPhone and iPad.

iPhone
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

iPad
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

Protected By... spam firewall...And...