Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hr44 installed. Hearing static

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

I had a hr34 and it had so many glitches. Dtv sent a tech out to look at it and he just said that they have lots of issues and he would just put in hr44 since its new and see if that fixes the issues. Just had it put in today so haven't tested it much but when I change channels I hear static and sometimes popping noises. Any idea what could cause this.

I unhooked cables and reconnected but still does it. Was going to change out hdmi to see if that helps but its the first dvr I have had do this.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,483 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

How, and to what, are you connected? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#3 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:30 AM

How, and to what, are you connected?

I am only connected to tv thru Hdmi. I do have whole home dvr and cinema kit. None of my other tvs have ever had this popping noise. Including this tv. This tv was connected to hr34 and hr24 previously.

It only happens when I channel but it sounds bad. And worries me that something bad is going on.

#4 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

Yes, I get that, too. Every time I change the channel. About 98% of the time, I'd say. It should be silent, but it's not THAT bad. It's not like a loud POP sound that you imagine would damage a speaker, just a mild pop pop.

#5 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

What TV? AVR involved? 

In any event, switch back to another DVR on it to isolate the problem. It may or may not be the 44. 

#6 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

What TV? AVR involved?

In any event, switch back to another DVR on it to isolate the problem. It may or may not be the 44.

It's a Samsung. Not sure what avr is?

#7 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

Yes, I get that, too. Every time I change the channel. About 98% of the time, I'd say. It should be silent, but it's not THAT bad. It's not like a loud POP sound that you imagine would damage a speaker, just a mild pop pop.

Sometimes the pops are quieter and sometimes quite a bit louder. Not like a speaker but I can hear it very easily for 15 ft back.

#8 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,523 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

It's a Samsung. Not sure what avr is?

AVR: Audio Video Receiver.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#9 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

AVR: Audio Video Receiver.

no.  I do not have that connected.  just the HD DVR to the TV.  nothing else right now.  not sure how this can be happening.

#10 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

What TV? AVR involved? 

You may have missed this.

• mgbrucex likes this

#11 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

What TV? AVR involved? In any event, switch back to another DVR on it to isolate the problem. It may or may not be the 44.

You may have missed this.
Well it has had plenty of receivers on it and it never made a sound. And I have a hr24 and two hr22 s that don't have this issue either. The hr34 didn't have the static issue. Just other glitches.

#12 OFFLINE   DR2420

DR2420

• Registered
  • 90 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

I was hearing the same thing on mine the first few days I had it, haven't been hearing it lately. 

#13 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

Turn off Dolby digital and see if it makes a difference.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#14 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

Well it has had plenty of receivers on it and it never made a sound. And I have a hr24 and two hr22 s that don't have this issue either. The hr34 didn't have the static issue. Just other glitches.

Yes, I understood that. But equipment can  change. If Stuart's cure doesn't take, you could learn something by putting back one of the receivers that had worked in the past. 

#15 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Yes, I understood that. But equipment can change. If Stuart's cure doesn't take, you could learn something by putting back one of the receivers that had worked in the past.
I will give it a shot. Dolby was already off so I tried turning it on. Seems to still do it. Will try a different receiver. And maybe Hdmi. Also will switch Hdmi to a different port on back of tv.

#16 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

well, I changed to a different receiver and there was no popping.  I changed hdmi's, I even changed the hdmi port I was using.  still have the popping.  called Directv and they are going to do some research.  they opened a "case".  we will see what that does.  I really don't want to have to get a tech out.  just want to enjoy it. 

anyone else had this issue.  and what did you do to fix.

Edited by bhigh8, 01 July 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

Now this genie is acting up sometimes can't play paused video or go back and watch recorded shows. Hr44 seems better but still has tons of glitches.

#18 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,354 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

Now this genie is acting up sometimes can't play paused video or go back and watch recorded shows. Hr44 seems better but still has tons of glitches.

maybe you got a lemon and needs replacing because I also have the HR44 Genie with no issues, Ahh shucks I jinxed myself :)

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#19 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

maybe you got a lemon and needs replacing because I also have the HR44 Genie with no issues, Ahh shucks I jinxed myself :)

#20 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

That could be possible but I had just had a hr34 that was replaced and was junk. It's possible but that's two lemons in a row.

spam firewall