Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hr44 installed. Hearing static

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Possible, but unlikely. Could there be something in your set up that's not up to snuff, or in the way you use it? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

Possible, but unlikely. Could there be something in your set up that's not up to snuff, or in the way you use it? 

Well Directv came out.  tested everything.  the last thing they did was used component cables and it went away.  so for some reason HDMI from HR44 to my samsung caused this issue.  he even swapped out the hr44 with another one and it popped until the component cables were used.

is HDMI that much better than component.  either way,  i dont notice it so im cool with component but was just wondering.  cant believe thats what caused this issue. havent tried the hr44 on a different tv yet but want it in the main room anyways.

#23 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

Kinda what I was getting at in the previous post.... but glad you at least got that isolated. HDMI is a bit more useful than component, and critical if the broadcaster has content protection enabled- you'd need HDMI. 

But try different ports on your Sammy. Maybe a new cable. 

Good luck. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#24 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

Sometimes the pops are quieter and sometimes quite a bit louder. Not like a speaker but I can hear it very easily for 15 ft back.

Yes, like the pops from really small bubble wrap. And this is from the tv's speakers, not my AVR.

#25 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

Kinda what I was getting at in the previous post.... but glad you at least got that isolated. HDMI is a bit more useful than component, and critical if the broadcaster has content protection enabled- you'd need HDMI. 

But try different ports on your Sammy. Maybe a new cable. 

Good luck. 

i tried 3 different hdmi cables and put them in different ports in the back of the tv.  stil did the popping.  just happy there is another option.

spam firewall