Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Free 72 swap

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

On my DTV acct web page it indicates that I should call regarding a dish swap to keep my local stations. Anyone have this done and if so what is it about?  I'm in zip 43450, have a SWM 3 setup and get my locals OK. Maybe they are putting locals on a different sat???

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,455 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

Toledo OH market transitioned off of 72.5 back on March 4, 2009. If your still receiving locals, than your definitely fine and shouldn't have to take any action. 

http://www.dbstalk.c...-sat/?p=1967869

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,814 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

If you are getting these channels then it is just an error on the website.

64 in SD

24, 30, 11, 40, 36 and 13 in HD 

you are getting all that is available for your zip code.

Link : http://www.directv.c..._local_channels

Type in your zip code.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

Well, I just called and indicated that I am getting all my locals in HD and have been since 2009. The lady indicated that I still need a new dish and scheduled me for an install. I hate that the installer will have nothing to do when he gets here, but was afraid to say no.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#5 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 939 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

Well, I just called and indicated that I am getting all my locals in HD and have been since 2009. The lady indicated that I still need a new dish and scheduled me for an install. I hate that the installer will have nothing to do when he gets here, but was afraid to say no.

Just go online and cancel the install. It's not needed.

DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#6 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

Tks JBv. Just went online and all that I could do was reschedule the appt so I sent D an email. I don't want the person to come out

and find that the install was not needed and lose money. Would think that D should know that I got the upgrade 2 yrs ago.

#7 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,262 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

Man,... won't a DIRECTV technician be scratching his head when he sees a WO for a 72.5 swap nowadays?  :biggrin:

The service from there has been completely turned off and former satellite used there, D1R, has long vacated the slot and living out the last of its life in the Russian Satellite Service at an east longitude location. And the freed up spectrum there has been transferred over to Dish.   

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#8 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

this has been on going for 4 or more years, directv system is messed up

My brand new customers 3 or more years ago were getting flyers saying they needed to upgrade or they will lose their locals, at the time i was insatlling swm 3 and HR24 receivers

They must have wasted thousands of dollars calling and sending out techs and flyers for all these years and all someone had to do was push a button to make it all stop. Total waste of money

Dish -- 722k, 722, 612, 512, 510

Directv -- HR34, HR24, 2 H25's, 2 H24's

Protected By... spam firewall...And...