Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Does HBOGO work well for those with DirecTV?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,440 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

I just don't understand the reasoning behind the fact that I can authenticate HBO GO with my iPad and my PC browser, but not the Roku...

Nor do I know the reason(s), but it is the way it is. Not a fine answer, sorry, but that's all there is for now. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Tubaman-Z

Tubaman-Z

Godfather

• Registered
  • 498 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

For the D* subscriber and Roku user who wants to view HBOGO, I can suggest PlayOn (www.playon.tv).  It's a media server that will act as an intermediary between HBOGGO (and Hulu and others) and stream it to your Roku (PlayOn will show up as a Roku channel).  While I don't subscribe to HBO and thus can't speak to HBOGO specifically, I do have a Roku HD and a Roku 3 and can state from 1st hand experience that PlayOn streaming Hulu and other sources works well.  HBOGO is stated as supported by PlayOn.

Regarding the other discussion re: number of TVs with internet-only vs. D* device attached - we have 4 TVs, 2 are currently Roku only, soon to be 3.  We will keep 1 DirecTV DVR solely for live sports.  This is purely a cost decision, we are otherwise happy with the D* service.

I have no interest in PlayOn other than I am a satisfied user.

Edited by Tubaman-Z, 04 August 2013 - 09:00 PM.

Kevin

My top 5 wishlist: 1) Free MRV HR to HR 2) Fix Channels I Receive so that it is accurate 3) > 50 SeriesLink 4) Usage of both internal and external drives concurrently 5) Support for other video providers as DoD (i.e. Hulu, CBS)   

DirecTV HR21-200, 2008 (DirecTV anniversary gift)
DirecTV HR20-100 (2TB eSATA), 2007
DirecTV since 1995

<><

#43 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 543 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

Does anyone know if HBOGo is authorized on ChromeCast for DirecTV subs? I know it's not available for Roku users sadly.

Any info is greatly appreciated

Edited by davidatl14, 10 December 2013 - 01:36 PM.

May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#44 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,696 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

Does anyone know if HBOGo is authorized on ChromeCast for DirecTV subs? I know it's not available for Roku users sadly.

Any info is greatly appreciated

Yes, and it works well.
  • SPACEMAKER likes this
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#45 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 543 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yes, and it works well.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just ordered one for bedroom tv..

Looking forward to seeing how it works.

May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#46 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

HBOGO + Chromecast = Awesome Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via DBSTalk mobile app

spam firewall