Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"Watch now" VOD no longer working.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blaqhauq

blaqhauq

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Well my problem is I was able to watch VOD content live instead of downloading it. However that all changed a week ago. I started a movie and it would start while it was buffering and then it said my Internet connection didn't support instant playback. Now when I try to "watch now" it instantly asks how I want to download it (highest quality or faster download) and gives me connection speed alert. I tried everything, resetting the box, router, dhcp, static ip. Initially it was using the medianet connection kit and I tried direct Ethernet after resetting the Internet up on the hr-34. I have the genie and 3 clients. Don't know why I get this error cause I have 50/20 speeds with Comcast and no burst is on my account, they don't offer speed burst with the higher tiers. When running a network test on my genie it says I have playback errors from dropped connections, and when I press the dash button it says the SWiM is connected but Internet is not connected. I can use the apps and YouTube fine. What gives?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

Well my problem is I was able to watch VOD content live instead of downloading it. However that all changed a week ago. I started a movie and it would start while it was buffering and then it said my Internet connection didn't support instant playback. Now when I try to "watch now" it instantly asks how I want to download it (highest quality or faster download) and gives me connection speed alert. I tried everything, resetting the box, router, dhcp, static ip. Initially it was using the medianet connection kit and I tried direct Ethernet after resetting the Internet up on the hr-34. I have the genie and 3 clients. Don't know why I get this error cause I have 50/20 speeds with Comcast and no burst is on my account, they don't offer speed burst with the higher tiers. When running a network test on my genie it says I have playback errors from dropped connections, and when I press the dash button it says the SWiM is connected but Internet is not connected. I can use the apps and YouTube fine. What gives?

I had the same issue, I had to reboot the receiver and it worked for me.

Former Directv Subscriber May 5th-2012 - November 7th 2014 

Blue Ridge Communticatons

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus anolog Bedrrom 5 and 6

#3 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Same issue I documented in another thread. Been going on for months. Reboot did not fix my issue. Issue is isolated to the HR34 and has nothing to do with my connection.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#4 OFFLINE   blaqhauq

blaqhauq

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

Sorry I didn't see your thread. I searches endlessly over the net and here. However I looked so long that I overlooked the thread from tired eyes and frustration. If I figure it out I'll post it

#5 OFFLINE   blaqhauq

blaqhauq

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

It worked now but it's a weird way. I tried to watch Grown Ups and got the speed error so I choose to download highest quality, then went into the list and stopped the download. Then clicked play and it streamed it fine. I am gonna try other and let you know what I find

#6 OFFLINE   Alexandrepsf

Alexandrepsf

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

Same here. Show me funcitonality does not work only on my HR34 while it works properly on my HR24. Hope this will be taken care of soon.

DirecTV since 2002
HR34-100
HR22-104
HR23-100
Deca BB
Samsung SmarTV

#7 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:19 AM

Same here. Show me funcitonality does not work only on my HR34 while it works properly on my HR24. Hope this will be taken care of soon.

That is what I am experiencing.  No issues on all other DVRs with Watch Now.  I know it is not a connection issue with the HR34 because I can go ahead and start the recording in high quality on the HR34 and immediately watch it with no issue. 

It seems like, at some point, some flag was set that my speeds aren't high enough, and there is no way to reset it.  

I could probably do a restore but it would be a huge pain to lose my recordings and then have to set everything back up ie. series links.

SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

Protected By... spam firewall...And...