Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

suddenly my TC-P60ST60 gets 'Your TV does not support this p...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rvanderwerf

rvanderwerf

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, TX

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Your TV does not support this pro

Today I tried to watch HBO recordings (game of thrones) on my hr-44-500 on my Panasonic TC-P60ST60. I started with game of thrones it had recorded and I was getting blank screen after hitting play on it. I rebooted the hr44 no luck. I moved the hdmi cable directly from TV->hr44, and I see that this message is showing up. I have tried a different HDMI cable (I am using a Redmere cable from newegg) and also a regular hdmi 1.4 high-speed cable. Both do the same thing.  I get this error on hbo, stars, encores, but don't on some showtimes, and cinemaxes (the higher channel ones but the ones closer to 500 have same error. I have also rebooted my AVR, bypassed AVR (Harmon Kardon 245), TV, and hr44 4 times each. 

Anyone else experience this? Everything used to work fine, and now this. I did self tests on hr44 and no errors were found. I'm a bit at a loss, all this stuff worked when the guy installed it a month ago. My C41 client's seem fine too. 

Anyone have suggestions? I've also tried in video settings, native, non native, switching between all of the resolutions, same problem.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:05 AM

Did you hook up anything else to the receiver ?  Using 2 connections to the receiver will cause this.

If you have HDMI and Component hooked to the TV from the receiver you will get this message.

Removing either cable should work.

If you only have an HDMI cable hooked up, try removing it and using a set of Component ( Red, Blue and Green for Video  and Red and White for Audio ). This will show 1080i in the same quality as the HDMI cable. I run my Samsung this way.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   photostudent

photostudent

Godfather

• Registered
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:49 AM

I started getting this message also with my Toshiba TV and HR21. However then the show would start okay. I only have one output from the HR21. Must be something new going on.

#4 OFFLINE   SteveHas

SteveHas

Hall of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

Did you hook up anything else to the receiver ?  Using 2 connections to the receiver will cause this.

If you have HDMI and Component hooked to the TV from the receiver you will get this message.

If you only have an HDMI cable hooked up, try removing it and using a set of Component ( Red, Blue and Green for Video  and Red and White for Audio ). This will show 1080i in the same quality as the HDMI cable. I run my Samsung this way.

Component cables do not pass 1080i, or 1080p, only 720p

try resetting HDMI connection;

hook up like you had before

then turn external components on one at a time

then

turn TV on last

see if that helps

I have had this issue in the past with an HR22 via HDMI

but it seemed to have resolved itself with a RBR

#5 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

try resetting HDMI connection;

hook up like you had before

then turn external components on one at a time

then

turn TV on last

see if that helps

I have had this issue in the past with an HR22 via HDMI

but it seemed to have resolved itself with a RBR

Component cables pass 1080i just fine, lots of people use 1080i over component.  The cables themselves would pass 1080p, but the movie industry has decided they will only allow premium channels to be delivered over HDMI, because there is no copy protection on component.

#6 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

I see the warning (very briefly) a few times a day. Never had it persist at my house, but I have seen some cable TV boxes do it (continuously) when connected both ways as described above.

#7 OFFLINE   ticmxman

ticmxman

Legend

• Registered
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Did you hook up anything else to the receiver ? Using 2 connections to the receiver will cause this.

If you only have an HDMI cable hooked up, try removing it and using a set of Component ( Red, Blue and Green for Video and Red and White for Audio ). This will show 1080i in the same quality as the HDMI cable. I run my Samsung this way.

Quick Question for you, then back on topic. I had planned on using a HR44 to feed a tv in one room by hdmi and by component in a different room. Will this work? From your post above it seems it might not or is it just some shows that will not allow it.

Edited by ticmxman, 02 July 2013 - 03:17 PM.

T

#8 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

Quick Question for you, then back on topic. I had planned on using a HR44 to feed a tv in one room by hdmi and by component in a different room. Will this work? From your post above it seems it might not or is it just some shows that will not allow it.

It will work, but very inconveniently. If the HDMI-connected TV is off, the link will fail the HDMI/HDCP test and so all the video will switch off. The only way to make this work correctly is to use a powered HDMI splitter (monoprice etc) and connect both TVs via HDMI,

And the HDMI/component combination won't work for 1080p programming because the receiver won't deliver 1080p over component.

#9 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,309 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

It baffles me every time I see comments like this.  this is along the lines that the "Monster" cable gives you better picture than an of brand cable 

• Diana C likes this
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

spam firewall