Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR44 two clients & new rc71 remote

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   booboo

booboo

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

I have to say, this is by far the best set up D has offered. It's only been a few days but it works flawlessly. The remote takes some getting use to but I like it a lot. The VOD works great with my wireless network (AT&T Uverse 12 mb). I wasn't sure if this was the right area to start this thread. I did know I wanted to share my experience with everyone. My installer said they haven't been installing anything but HR44 for some time now. I'm in north Mississippi. I hope this helps someone when they are contemplating an upgrade.
B00BOO

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,484 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

Great to hear!  

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   Kromagg73

Kromagg73

• Registered
  • 5 posts
  • LocationRapid City, SD

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

The HR44's are really nice, with the CCKW (Cinema Connection Kit Wireless) built in, you can pick up the internet signal without having a seperate CCKW which the HR34's needed. Glad you like it, i have cable but looking into getting DirecTv soon and it sounds really cool what all you can do with the Genie, etc..

#4 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,433 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

The HR44's are really nice, with the CCKW (Cinema Connection Kit Wireless) built in, you can pick up the internet signal without having a seperate CCKW which the HR34's needed. Glad you like it, i have cable but looking into getting DirecTv soon and it sounds really cool what all you can do with the Genie, etc..

The HR34s do not need a separate CCK; it's built in there, too. The 44's have wireless- for internet- but most people prefer wired where possible. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#5 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,433 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

In terms of what's available, it appears that there are major regional differences. If a local is out of HR34's, and you order a Genie, you'll get a '44. But other areas seem to be giving out 34s, and will do so until those stocks are depleted. Nothing wrong with a '34; I have one and it's great. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

but most people prefer wired where possible. 

+10000 :righton:

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

spam firewall