Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Xbox 360 vs Roku - HD VOD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

Im needing to add another box, and the Roku 3 is high on the list. Im using Amazon HD VOD a lot for tv shows with my Roku 2, and the full HD 720p (3.5mbits) is very very good. I was wondering if anyone had seen this on a Roku 2/3 as well as a 360 and had any input. They reason Im bouncing between a Roku 3 and 360 is that the 360 has the ESPN apps I want as well. I'd love to just be able to use the 360 for Netflix, Amazon and ESPN3, but PQ is a concern for me.

Ive personally seen where some Blu-ray player Amazon apps do not look as good as the Roku 2.

Thanks.

65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,203 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

My Roku 3 has, by my interpretation, great PQ.  One of the best things is it's ability to search across clients.  In other words, if I'm looking for a movie, it'll search Netflix *and* Amazon Prime and tell me who has it.

My caveat is that my Roku is on a bedroom HDTV so a 24" set might not be the most discerning hardware on which to judge.  I can certainly tell, however, when I'm watching a baseball game, *exactly* when the bifferring has caught up on MLB.TV.  I'll get a soft picture at first and then, about 15 seconds in, suddenly the picture will get MUCH sharper.  (I have a fiber-based internet connection but the Roku is hooked up via Powerline adapter.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...