Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Video Issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jeffloby

jeffloby

Legend

• Registered
  • 178 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

I have a HR34 (0x6db) and the majority of the shows I record freeze up or stutter very badly.  I use the HR34 as a normal receiver in my whole-home setup.  Any show watched on a different HDDVR from the HR34 has the same issues.  Shows recorded on another HRDVR and watched on the HR34 do not have the video issues.  I have red button reset the HR34 twice and it didn't help with the video issues.  I have a SWM 16 switch feeding to 8 tuners switches. I am attaching a picture of the switches I have.  The HR34 is on an 8 tuner switch with a H25. Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails

• swm.jpg

Edited by jeffloby, 04 July 2013 - 08:22 AM.

1-HR34-500
2-HR24-500
1-HR23 DECA Connected
1-H25-500

1-HR21 Deca Connected
Slimline 5-LNB Dish & SWM 16 Switch
Channel Master 4228 OTA antenna

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

It's a firmware issue most of us have seen since the last update on HR34s. You'll play back a show that's recorded and they will freeze randomly. You can fast foward a tad and it will play for a while then freeze again (over and over and over). 

It will take another firmware update to address/resolve the issue.

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,703 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

It's a firmware issue most of us have seen since the last update on HR34s. You'll play back a show that's recorded and they will freeze randomly. You can fast foward a tad and it will play for a while then freeze again (over and over and over). 

It will take another firmware update to address/resolve the issue.

Not sure that is the case as the shows on my HR34 play flawlessly 

to the TS

Run the Built in Self-test (BIST) to try and repair your hard drive. To run the hard drive checks, please follow these steps:

* Reboot DVR via red button inside card door.
* When you see "Running receiver self-check" press select
* You will see "Entering Diagnostics Mode..."
* Select Advanced Tests Menu -> Hard Drive utilities -> Short Smart test

You can also run the file test, and the DVR can sometimes repair a bad file report.
* If the other tests pass, run the surface test.   Warning: This process could take several hours to complete. You may want to run it overnight.

The good news is that every attempt is made to save programming. This is less destructive than a reformat all and could provide you with a more stable system if you are having problems that appear to be related to the hard drive.  

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

This is indeed the case as it's a multiple reported item already acknowledged by directv expecially for recordings done with satellite retransmitted OTA recodings as well as live buffer issues to boot.

A quick search on the forums reveals the issue is abundantly known and reported:

http://www.dbstalk.c...34#entry3153513 post 7, 21, 30, 33, 52, 74

http://www.dbstalk.c...34#entry3152392

just to list 2 including the firmwareware release discussion thread itself.

#5 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

My HR44 has been doing this for weeks now.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...