Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Extending Remote Antenna for Hopper w/Sling

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,929 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

well, Holland Electronics doesn't have the product E233577 in their database, perhaps you could tell us about other mark on the cable ?

good it has M10 threads

as to 50 vs 75 Ohm impedance, it's a parameter of RF cable what circuits dictate

usually for home equipment everything is 75 Ohm, professional - 50 Ohm

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   GravelChan

GravelChan

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

Well, the Hopper Remote Antenna Extender arrived today.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that it had the correct M10 (or whatever they are) connectors on the ends of the cable.  It had a male connector on one end and a female connector on the other.  The package was labeled with P/N 169178.  

The only problem for me now is that the cable isn't long enough to extend to where I need it to go.  I'm considering cutting the cable and putting standard F connectors on so that I can extend the "extender" cable using my existing rg6 coax runs.  The concern I have with that is I have read that rg6 is 75 ohm cable and I believe the RF signal calls for 50 ohm cable.  Is this correct?  I am not sure what type of cable the Hopper Remote Antenna Extender uses.  The only label on it says "E233577 Holland Electronics".  It looks similar to rg6, but I'm not an expert on this stuff.

attachicon.gifpn169178.jpg

attachicon.gifcable.jpg

I would assume that's 50 ohm cable and introducing 75 ohm in the middle is going to cause some mismatch (loss) plus the F connectors and a couple of barrels will be more loss.  That being said if I needed to extend the antenna location that is exactly what I would try.   The worst that can happen is a loss of $10.  :-)     However, I'm not telling you to do that, just what I would try!  :-)

#23 OFFLINE   Cokeswigga

Cokeswigga

Legend

• Registered
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

I would assume that's 50 ohm cable and introducing 75 ohm in the middle is going to cause some mismatch (loss) plus the F connectors and a couple of barrels will be more loss.  That being said if I needed to extend the antenna location that is exactly what I would try.   The worst that can happen is a loss of $10.  :-)     However, I'm not telling you to do that, just what I would try!  :-)

based on google search e233577 is a 75 ohm cable

http://www.gotsky.co...proved_Coax.pdf

-Dave

D500-110,D1000-119, 76cm-129, D500-148, 622, 510, 301

#24 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,929 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

Approved - Laser RG6
Model LSC741 – DVC RG6 Coaxial Cable 75C E233577 UL © UL CMX/CATVX/CLZX 75 Ohm 3000 Mhz 0118

So, is it  Holland Electronics making it or not ?

#25 OFFLINE   Cokeswigga

Cokeswigga

Legend

• Registered
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

I just got the cable... same markings as above.

Length is 8-10 feet.

I forgot to measure it before I installed it.

-Dave

D500-110,D1000-119, 76cm-129, D500-148, 622, 510, 301

Protected By... spam firewall...And...