Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GenieGO OS X Client Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ChrisF

ChrisF

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hi all.  Hoping someone here can help.

I moved recently and have been having some problems.  My Geniego is setup and connected to the internet and my iPad can see it and do remote streaming.  This came after 2hrs online with DTV support (no help).  I finally deleted and reinstalled my ipad app and then added the port forwarding settings for my router.  iPad works fine.  My Macbook Pro on the other hand can't get past startup.  Info as follows:

OS X 10.8.4

Nomad OS X client 1.2

The process on app startup is as follows:

launch app

Signing in

Finding your nomad

Verifying your Mac

"There is a problem with your DirecTV account.  Please ensure you have internet access and try again...."

The system info link at the bottom shows it can see the nomad mac, serial and firmware (1.5.p46-73804S).  

First question:  is there a way to completely uninstall the OS X app and force it to re-register with DTV?  I'm assuming that may be the problem.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,626 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Yes, and you don't need to remove the app. Go to your User library by holding down the Option key in Finder, under Go, then search out "nomad", the name before it got changed to GenieGo. Delete the contents of the folder, and It should act as a complete new install then when you re-launch. 

Also, when it asks for your HD, click on the box but don't type unless you're sure it's blank. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,483 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

First question:  is there a way to completely uninstall the OS X app and force it to re-register with DTV?  I'm assuming that may be the problem.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

No need to uninstall.  Press CONTROL, OPTION, COMMAND all at the same time while launching the GenieGo application.  This will reset the app to defaults and it ask for credential when launched.  But note that the OS X client does NOT currently support OO streaming 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...