Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Help Hooking up to 3 sats,3 dishes,and 3 homes

setup

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cbinak

cbinak

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

I live in Alaska, where we live we need 6' dishes to get a strong signal. I am trying to get a setup with 3 friends ( we live about 250' apart each way) to get three satellites(110,119,and 129).I have 3-722 receivers,2-211 receivers,and 1-625 receiver. One friend has 1-722,2-301's and the other has 2-211 receivers. I have dp single lnb going to dp34 and a dp33. What would I need to get us all setup for reception ? Dual dp lnb's, dp44's , signal boosters ,and or dp21's? Thanks for any help .

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,912 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

If you are asking what it sounds like you are asking (sharing an account with your neighbors) then this thread will be closed fairly quickly.  Please clarify what you are trying to do.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,323 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

Three accounts sharing a dish (or in this case, an array) should be fine from a TOS standpoint. We'll leave it as that.

As far as the signal ... hundreds of feet are not the best length for satellite cable but the appropriate boosters should help. Do you have a local installer geek who is accustomed to setting up such systems?
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

not sure why u would have a dp34 an a dp33 but, u can daisy chain up to 3 dp34s together, that would give u 12 tuners. youd prolly need to daisy chain 3 dp44s together since all u would need is 1 cable per reciever. running less cable is always a bonus. not sure about the distance issue. something you'll hafta try an see.

Edited by shadough, 05 July 2013 - 05:09 PM.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#5 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

I live in Alaska, where we live we need 6' dishes to get a strong signal. I am trying to get a setup with 3 friends ( we live about 250' apart each way) to get three satellites(110,119,and 129).I have 3-722 receivers,2-211 receivers,and 1-625 receiver. One friend has 1-722,2-301's and the other has 2-211 receivers. I have dp single lnb going to dp34 and a dp33. What would I need to get us all setup for reception ? Dual dp lnb's, dp44's , signal boosters ,and or dp21's? Thanks for any help .

OK, so you have 11 receivers, 5 dual tuners and 6 single tuners.  The simplest way would be to get a DPP44  - run a line from each dish (DP single or dual) to the DPP44, then daisy chain to the DP34 then the DPP33.  Make sure to connect 4 dual tuners to the DPP44, 4 single tuners to the DP34, and the DPP33 would have one dual tuner and 2 single tuners.

As far as boosters, that's a trial and error thing.  Assuming no run of cable from receiver to switch is over 230' you shouldn't really need them.  Official max is 200', but in my experience the dropoff really starts at 230' as long as the cable is good quality with no splices in it.  The best way to check is with a sat meter that will show you the dbs at the receiver location.  Anything below -50db would need a booster.

Edited by gtal98, 05 July 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   cbinak

cbinak

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

We each have a 6' dish and our own dish accounts.

But we wanted to setup to try and get different satellites, we all are tuned into 119 now, just wanted to get 110 and 129 to get more and better channels.

Wanted to try and put multi-switches at each 6' dish - have 1 dpp34 or 44 at each dish sending signal to 2 other dpp34 or 44 at each house and then switch at each house to their own receivers.

Tried to get two signals from one dish , but can not lock on.

#7 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,831 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

The one in the middle going to either side will not be a problem, but the two on the outside going to the other outside may present issues with distance.

You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...