Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR44 Genie Favorite Custom Channels

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   larcar

larcar

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

I recently had a Genie installed and I noticed that after I made my two custom channel guides named locals and the other favorites and I hit the previous button to go back to the station I was just on it doesn't.

It only works if I choose another channel in the same guide.

Another words if I tune to a channel in locals and then change to a channel in my favorites and hit the previous button it takes me to the channel I was last on in that custom guide but not if in the different guide.

My 2 hr24's will go to the previous channel I was watching no matter which custom guide I am in.

I hope I explained my problem and someone can chime in

Thanks

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,312 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

You're quite right; I can repeat this. The workaround is that direct entry will work.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#3 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,701 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

I don't like that. What shows up in the precious list?

Edited by tonyd79, 05 July 2013 - 06:58 PM.

LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#4 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,218 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

Well, it is keeping in line with not changing channels to a channel with the channel up and down buttons if its not in your favorite list that is currently selected.  

I don't get the issue.  if you watch the channel that much id think it'd be in all your favorite channel lists.

#5 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,701 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

Well, it is keeping in line with not changing channels to a channel with the channel up and down buttons if its not in your favorite list that is currently selected.  

I don't get the issue.  if you watch the channel that much id think it'd be in all your favorite channel lists.

How is hitting the previous channel button not going to the previously viewed (not frequently viewed) channel consistent with anything? By your logic, you shouldn't be able to tune into the channel at all (direct input) if it is not in your current favorites. Bad design.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,312 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

I'd classify this as way down the list of things that can/should be tweaked. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...