Very Long Time Lurker needs some help,
OK, I need to lean on you guys for an opinion. I currently have an HR23 that is our main DVR (slow as Christmas) with a D16 and H24. D16 is just in a kids room (no whole home) the other H24 is in another kids room and is whole home active.
The real issue is me... I want a new box in the master bedroom but I have been holding on since Feb and really would like to get the speed bump the HR44 represents. I tried ordering directly from Directv for a self install and today a new HR34 shows up. I so bad want to just open that box and quit waiting. Am I going to regret that (for the next two years) if I go ahead and open that box. Is the speed difference really that dramatic? Do I just tough it out. If I could get another H24 without losing the option of getting a HR44 I would be open to that, DTV says that will affect my refresh date.
BTW... the box was shipped from their facility in Stockbridge GA (Atlanta Suburb).
Lustfully staring at a new box on the counter.