Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR22 not operational at friend's house?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Boone82

Boone82

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

I went to friend's house to watch some boxing the other day with a large group of people. He wanted to have a couple different tvs going, but one of his DirecTV receivers was out. Since he was waiting for a replacement to arrive, I offered to bring my HR22 to hook up on his other tv. We knew that if we put his access card in my receiver, it wouldn't work so we used my card, my receiver, attached the coax and thought we'd be all set. We ended up getting an error message saying "problem communicating with dish". Anyone have any idea why this would be the case??

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,971 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

Should've reran satellite setup.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   Boone82

Boone82

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

Really? That's all we had to do? I don't know why I didn't think of that. I just thought a reset would take care of it, but it didn't.

#4 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

And be under the # of tuners his dish setup can support

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

Really? That's all we had to do? I don't know why I didn't think of that. I just thought a reset would take care of it, but it didn't.

Its quite possible.  Not everyone has the same type of installation, dish model, SWM, or non-SWM, etc...to do that successfully you need to know a little bit about your friends system and how it differs from yours.

#6 OFFLINE   Boone82

Boone82

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

Its quite possible.  Not everyone has the same type of installation, dish model, SWM, or non-SWM, etc...to do that successfully you need to know a little bit about your friends system and how it differs from yours.

All I know is that mine is SWM and his is not. We used his b band converters though since I didn't have any. Would that have caused the problem?

#7 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,317 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

That is exactly what caused the 'problem'.  Your DVR was set for SWM when he didn't have it. 

#8 OFFLINE   Boone82

Boone82

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

Oh ok. So can I change that setting in it? We were hoping to make it work for some fights tonight as well?

#9 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,317 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Where is his replacement DVR?  All my previous replacements were sent via FEDEX and I had them no more than 48 hours from the time they were ordered.

Edited by trh, 06 July 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   Boone82

Boone82

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

They told him 3-5 business days. Hopefully Monday. For tonight I guess I'll try changing from SWM to multiswitch and hope that works.

#11 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,763 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

They told him 3-5 business days. Hopefully Monday. For tonight I guess I'll try changing from SWM to multiswitch and hope that works.

Most of the time you must change the switch type to "multiswitch first, before you can change the dish type

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...