Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Out of home access won't work with GenieGo, and in home streaming pauses every two seconds!

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 OFFLINE   dougthonus

dougthonus

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Trying to get my GenieGo to work remotely, it works on my internal network.

I have a medialink router.

I have my GenieGo set to always have ip 192.168.8.101

I have Ports 8082 and 8083 forwarded to 192.168.8.101 for TCP

Links showing the setup on my router

http://imageshack.us...3/8840/b2j0.png

http://imageshack.us...41/4461/uym.png

Now I had previously had remote access working on my old router (an apple airport), but when I switched the router it stopped working.

It says on my local PC that the GenieGo is set up correctly for remote viewing:

http://img14.imagesh...4/7762/d483.png

However, it doesn't seem to work remotely.   Always giving me the message "GenieGo not found" regardless of whether I search by SN or just log in to my account normally.

Any thoughts?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#77 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,292 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

Is there a modem ahead of your medialink?  Some, particularly DSL modems, require the ports to be forwarded to your mediaink's WAN address. . perhaps it changed when you changed routers.  Also be sure to reboot the router after changing settings.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#78 OFFLINE   pajer

pajer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

Help! I have a sagecom 4300 from windstream as my isp with a asus rt-ac66r router hooked up to it. I have the geniego connected to the asus router and have port forward the out of home access to 8082,8083 but can not get ooh access to work. any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Pajer

#79 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,806 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

Help! I have a sagecom 4300 from windstream as my isp with a asus rt-ac66r router hooked up to it. I have the geniego connected to the asus router and have port forward the out of home access to 8082,8083 but can not get ooh access to work. any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Pajer

This might be of interest to you

http://www.dbstalk.c...am#entry3195709

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#80 OFFLINE   pajer

pajer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

thanks, i did see that, however i previously had a netgear r6300 working with the sagecom modem from windstream and replaced the netgear router with the asus. since then i have tried everything i can think of to get it to work to no avail. pajer

This might be of interest to you

http://www.dbstalk.c...am#entry3195709

#81 OFFLINE   dougthonus

dougthonus

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

Is there a modem ahead of your medialink?  Some, particularly DSL modems, require the ports to be forwarded to your mediaink's WAN address. . perhaps it changed when you changed routers.  Also be sure to reboot the router after changing settings.

My internal addresses used to be 192.168.1.X based instead of 192.168.8.X.   Is that what you mean by the WAN address changing?  I don't have access to the modem's setting (cable modem provided by comcast).   However, I did use an online tool and 8082 and 8083 are listed as open, so I assume they are hitting my router and being forwarded to the geniego.

update -- switched my internal IP on my router to 192.168.1.X based and now both internal/external geniego seems to work.

Edited by dougthonus, 01 November 2013 - 05:44 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...