Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MLB Postseason on Sirius via ESPN?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chilcoot

Chilcoot

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Sirius' satellite service carries ESPN Radio on ch. 82. This October, most ESPN Radio terrestrial stations will broadcast ESPN Radio's Major League Baseball's postseason games. Will Sirius also carry those games via its satellite carriage of ESPN Radio?

Also, does Sirius'  satellite service channel currently carry Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN?

Thanks a lot.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

There's usually a question as to when SiriusXM will go from "home feed only" to "home, away, and national feed" of playoff games.  If memory serves, after the first round, all the feeds are carried but it seems to be somewhat variable.

#3 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,679 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:01 AM

If i remember correctly, we had three listening choices for each game last season.  Home, away and national feed.

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

#4 OFFLINE   Chilcoot

Chilcoot

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

So, if I understand correctly, if this fall works like last fall did, a Sirius subscriber who does not also have XM (just Sirius) will be able to listen to the entire MLB Postseason on their satellite radio. In fact, multiple broadcasts may be available. Is that what I can expect?

Thanks.

#5 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

I don't think so.  The only channels Sirius lists the games on are their internet radio channels, not their satellite channels.

#6 OFFLINE   Chilcoot

Chilcoot

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

I don't think so.  The only channels Sirius lists the games on are their internet radio channels, not their satellite channels.

Sirius' current listings don't answer my question, which relates to games to be played in three months and broadcast by ESPN Radio, which does appear in the Sirius satellite channel list.

You may be right, but not because of anything that the current listings suggest.

#7 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

I didn't base the answer just on their current schedule. You go to other satellite radio forums, and they all say 'no' to MLB on Sirius sat radio.

#8 OFFLINE   Chilcoot

Chilcoot

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Thank you for your response. Could you link me to the forum where my question was answered?

Again, thank you.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...