I've been looking in the forum for several days trying to find answers to the following questions but haven't had any luck. Please forgive me if I'm asking questions that have been answered already.
I have been with DTV for 12+ years and I'm looking to switch to DISH for several reasons, mainly to get the Pac-12 Network feeds and beIN sports (I can get beIN on DTV but I'd have to pay an extra $11.99 per month for sports package). My current setup is 3 DTV DVRs (HR21-100) which can record up to 2 HD channels at the same time, so I have the ability to record 6 HD shows at the same time. I can also playback any recorded show from any DVR from any of the others.
I need to keep this feature if I move to DISH, so I have the following questions. I am looking at the America's Top 250 package.
- Will I receive ROOT Sports NW (Seattle Mariners, Seattle Sounders, etc.) in HD as part of my package?
- Will I receive Pac-12 Network + Pac-12 Washington (UW Husky Football & Basketball) in HD as part of my package?
- Will I receive beIN Sports in HD as part of my package?
- Are ESPNews and ESPNU both only in SD (no HD available)?
- Are the Encore and EPIX channels part of the America's Top 250 package (or do I just get them for a limited time as a promotion)?
- Is Blockbuster@Home worth $10 per month? The only channel I really want is Palladia HD, don't really care about the movie streaming features.
- What receivers do I need to be able to record 2 HD programs on each receiver (for a total of 6 HD) at any given time - I don't watch Primetime very often, so I need to be able to record up to 6 channels in HD any time?
- How much do they charge for each receiver, is it $7/month regardless if it's a Joey or DVR?
- Can I watch one HD program and record another HD program at the same time?
- Does DISH use my existing multi-switch (Eagle 5 x 8) to distribute programming throughout my home?
- What new hardware would I need? I currently have 4 RG6 coax cables from satellite on roof to multi-switch in house, multi-switch then has 8 RG6 coax cables going to 4 different rooms (2 pair to each room).
- Would a DISH install be able to use all the existing hardware and just swap out the satellite and receivers or would they need to run new wires?
Thanks in advance for your help. Thought I would ask here before calling DISH as I'm not sure how competent their representatives are.
Edited by hmss007, 08 July 2013 - 04:22 PM.