Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NHL Network - did D* change this recently?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

As of a few days ago, on NHL Network  (215), I get an error 721 as if I am not subscribed.  I have subscribed to NHL Center Ice for many years and NHL Network has always been included with NHL CI.  I called D* and they re-authorized my services, I rebooted, they reset my programming, etc. to no avail.  NHL Network has always been on all year 'round for NHL CI subs.  The D* CSR escalated my issue up to someone else who is going to investigate what is going on.  Anyone know if something recently changed with NHL Network for D* NHL CI subs?

Any other NHL CI subs out there getting error 721 on 215 currently?

Edited by n3ntj, 08 July 2013 - 07:01 PM.

HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

just check mine, and its on here

#3 OFFLINE   Nighthawk68

Nighthawk68

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 348 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Got it here, with Ultimate package.   What is your base package?  It was moved out of lesser packages a year or two ago, now only available in the Ultimate and Premier packages.

HR44-700, HR22-700, HR21-200, SWM16

#4 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Hey lacubs... I like your avatar.. Erie Otters.  I am from Erie.  I have Choice Extra Plus or whatever it's called now.  Did these changes just happen?  I've always had NHL Network in or out of season until this week.

DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#5 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

Hey lacubs... I like your avatar.. Erie Otters.  I am from Erie.  I have Choice Extra Plus or whatever it's called now.  Did these changes just happen?  I've always had NHL Network in or out of season until this week.

i have the Premier packages and the NHL Packages, i  just looked at the DirecTV website and the NHL channel is only in Ultimate and Premier packages now , maybe with the new month that change

#6 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

still get it with choice extra classic.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#7 OFFLINE   tbirds118

tbirds118

Mentor

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

And the only reason I won't change. It would be nice if you got NHLN year round as a CI subscriber but then there really isn't that much on in the offseason.

#8 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

We normally did get NHL Network year 'round if we were NHL CI subs (as of last week at least).  Did something change recently?

#9 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Same here, NHL Network still active, but it included in the old Choice Xtra Classic package that I have.

HR34-700, HR22-100

#10 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

Wow this makes me mad!  So to get all hockey games next season, I would need to pay $23 more a month to get the Ultimate Package which has NBCSN and NHLN plus $160 or whatever the CI price ends up being.  I think I will do one of those but not both, this is really getting ridiculous!

#11 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

lokar 5 years ago i had the same problem with directv and nba league pass. I had a lower package with the nba league pass and they would turn on nba tv for me when the season started even though it wasnt in my package,then when the season was over they would turn off nba tv. I gues thats what they are doing with center ice also.  What i did was call directv and got them to add the sports package  for  a discount so i could watch nba tv year round,until i decicded to upgrade  to the ultimate package. BTW i'm now with verizon and i think you also have to have the ultimate pack to get the NHL channel. P.S. I think the sporst pack was $12.00 back then and  i was able to get directv to give it to me for $6.00 a month  until i upgrade 6 months later.

Edited by celticpride, 11 July 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Wow this makes me mad!  So to get all hockey games next season, I would need to pay $23 more a month to get the Ultimate Package which has NBCSN and NHLN plus $160 or whatever the CI price ends up being.  I think I will do one of those but not both, this is really getting ridiculous!

You should be able to get with choice extra for NBCSN and NHL CI

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#13 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

You should be able to get with choice extra for NBCSN and NHL CI

Does CI come with NHLN still?  If so then I guess that would save me $7 a month but right now I am thinking of seeing if I can get a deal for CI since I am out of contract and then just getting NBCSN for the playoffs.  Although I am a Devils fan and with Kovalchuk going back to the KHL, I should probably just skip the regular season entirely and just watch the playoffs as I feel it's going to be a long bad year for the Devils.

#14 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 633 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

I have an old base package which NBC SN is somehow grandfathered into (because the old Outdoor Network was in that package and then when it changed names and owners stayed in the package) but it does not include NHLN.  I have subscribed to NHL CI since I started with D* in 1995.  I did not have NHLN last summer, and it is not available to me now.  I think it was turned off about a week after the playoffs ended both times.  I expect I will have NHLN next year as an NHL CI sub and would not want to pay extra for it.  It's extremely lame, and the only time I watch it is when the Rangers are there and no place else.

SMK

#15 OFFLINE   mcl77

mcl77

AllStar

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:53 AM

huge bump here.

but this is happening to me now.

Anyone know how to fix this issue??

My hd channel for nhl network is getting the same message as original poster.

Direct tv has no clue. i was on the phone with them for an hour and they were clueless. said they would send it to engineers and get back to me in a week.

#16 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,242 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

What package do you subscribe too? As noted above, NHLN is only available under certain higher - tier packages or if you subscribe to NHL CI, you get that channel during the regular season.

#17 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:51 PM

You need Ultimate or Premier current base package to receive NHL Net year round.  If you have Choice Xtra Classic [grandfathered] package you would also continue receiving NHL Net currently. Everybody was receiving NHL Net last week due to a free preview of XTRA which was also including NHL Net for some reason (most likely a mistake). 

#18 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 398 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

You need Ultimate or Premiere current base package to receive NHL Net year round.  If you have Choice Xtra Classic [grandfathered] package you would also continue receiving NHL Net currently. Everybody was receiving NHL Net last week due to a free preview of XTRA which was also including NHL Net for some reason (most likely a mistake). 

Many channels were added. All of the Ultimate channels except cloo an the Encores. All gone now...

Edited by ejbvt, 04 June 2014 - 08:27 PM.

DIRECTV: Genie (HR34) w/AM21 and 1 client.
AT&T: U-Verse Internet, Motorola modem and Samsung Galaxy S3 cell.
LG 42" (1080p, 120 Hz, 3D, Smart TV), Samsung 32" (1080p, 60 Hz)
Denon AVR591, Panasonic Blu Ray, Magnavox DVD player, Philips VCR, Terk HDTVo.

#19 OFFLINE   mcl77

mcl77

AllStar

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:10 AM

you guys are right.

I had direct tv for 6 years and i had the choice extra package, and i was grandfathered in to have nhl network.

i called direct tv in november to see if i could lower my bill and they changed my package on me. I had no clue. They pulled a sneak attack.

I never wanted to change my package.

i seriously watch like 10 channels.    so i have no clue whats added or whats taken away unless its a channel i watch.

spam firewall