Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Replacement receiver with same issue - rev up your fans!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mustang Dave

Mustang Dave

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Came home to our 922 with fan running and no lights had to pull the power plug. Ran for a few minutes blank screen fan noise again. Received the replacement today from Dish. Exact same issues. Appears to be a common problem I guess based on some posts in this forum. Technician coming out on Friday hope he has a magic wand or at least a working receiver with him.
The light at the end of the tunnel is a train coming.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

Based on my own observations, I had 3 replacements sent out over the course of a couple of weeks before I got one that was stable. However, it is beginning to act up and as soon as it goes south I am done with this model receiver.

Edited by Rduce, 10 July 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

I know this can be upsetting and I am happy to help you today! After you plugged it back in, did you see an error message on the screen? Is the receiver inside a cabinet or open air? Would you please PM me with the phone number on the account?

Thanks

#4 OFFLINE   Mustang Dave

Mustang Dave

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

I know this can be upsetting and I am happy to help you today! After you plugged it back in, did you see an error message on the screen? Is the receiver inside a cabinet or open air? Would you please PM me with the phone number on the account?

Thanks

Hi Mike, thank you for the response. No error messages for either receiver at any point. The receiver location is an open air shelf. I will PM you the phone number. Thanks!

The light at the end of the tunnel is a train coming.

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,871 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

I had my first 922 for quite a while... lost track of the time actually... and it went this way one day a couple of years back I believe...  black screen and whirring fans with no hints at any problems the day before it failed so spectacularly.  No problems with the replacement going on a couple of years now.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...