Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cote De Pablo quits NCIS

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   retirednavy

retirednavy

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

http://tv.msn.com/tv...spx?news=817383

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,214 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:07 AM

It would have been nice if the article had given a reason and or tell us where she is going now.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,755 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Wonder if they'll use the head shot again.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#4 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,120 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

It would have been nice if the article had given a reason and or tell us where she is going now.

may not be known.  From all the stories I have sene on this topic, none of them give any detail other than it was her decision. 

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#5 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,320 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

As one article noted:

"I have to say, I’m astonished de Pablo is returning to wrap up her storyline. When it comes to these procedural type shows, when an actor decides not to renew their contract and depart, they usually take off into the night, leaving their character to suddenly disappear. It’s then up to other characters to explain the person’s absence. It’s not a preferred way to write someone out so I’m pleased de Pablo is opting to give the writers a chance to properly send her off."

That's good enough for me, as I had a fit when they killed off Sasha Alexander's character agent Caitlin Todd in the May 24, 2005, episode. That September we first saw Ziva in connection with the search for the shooter.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#6 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,538 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

Wonder if they'll use the head shot again.

Death by lead poisoning seems to be the preferred method for writing off a character on this show. Caitlin Todd, Jenny Shepard, Mike Franks, and Eli David made their exits in a hail of gunfire.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#7 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,081 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

Maybe things will play out with Diva and Tony finnaly consimating their relationship. They could show Divas demise from STD complication that spurs from one of Tony past trists... :rolling:  

#8 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,602 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

How about Ziva converts and marries Tony and retires to be a stay at home mother.

#9 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,214 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

In the show, doesn't she actually have a boyfriend from her homeland ? Maybe they get together and he takes her away.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#10 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,346 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

I'd like to see the character go home to Israel ... or perhaps take a stateside job with Israel. Killing her off would be rude.

This is a good time in the story to leave ... the consequences over last season's story arc leading to Ziva wanting to get away from NCIS and settle down. Having her around as Tony's lover would be wrong (and would change his character). And keeping her alive would allow the show to use the character again in the future as a guest star role.

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#11 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,700 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

I predict she returns to Israel to take a position with the Mossad.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#12 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 503 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:11 AM

A idea I suppose, but she is now a US citizen, and has revoked her Israeli citizenship.  Would they trust her?

Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#13 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

Had she not been returning at all, I would go with that.  However, with her appearing in a couple of episodes I'm thinking that something/someone from her past will catch up with her and force her to go into hiding.  

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#14 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,538 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

Take your pick......A. Ziva dies of lead poisoning......B. It is revealed by Ducky that Ziva is terminally ill......C. Gibbs tells everyone that Ziva is trapped "Under the Dome".

#15 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,538 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

Just read on Yahoo the show's producers have stated they won't be killing off Ziva for her swan song. Her exit will be a two part episode to be aired at the end of September and they're hoping the explanation of her leaving will please the fans.

#16 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

Just read on Yahoo the show's producers have stated they won't be killing off Ziva for her swan song. Her exit will be a two part episode to be aired at the end of September and they're hoping the explanation of her leaving will please the fans.

In other words - Ziva is offered and accepts the lead investigator position at NCIS: Grays Lake

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#17 OFFLINE   SamC

SamC

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

My bet is that she either goes home to Israel to head up the Mossad (and, BTW, any Jew that sets foot in Israel is automatically entitled to be a citizen even if they have never been there before) and can thus show up in a episode every year or so.  Or, in a semi-lift from current events, it is revealed that she has been a spy or leaker for this or that country or group all along and either goes to the slam or on the lamb to Russia or Botswana or wherever.

The question is how quickly do they get a new girl agent on board and who might it be?

#18 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,320 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

Ok. Word is they are not killing off Ziva. And about her replacement what is known can be read here:

NCIS Exclusive: Meet Ziva's Successor

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#19 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,346 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

Ok. Word is they are not killing off Ziva. And about her replacement what is known can be read here:
NCIS Exclusive: Meet Ziva's Successor

The start date is listed as mid-October, which puts the newbie’s arrival around January or February.

Prior to that, the show will “rotate some fun people” through the agency’s doors. “The first two episodes are all about Ziva’s departure,” EP Gary Glasberg recently told TVLine. “And then in the third episode we introduce, for instance, a woman in her 50s who is a few days away from retirement and just needs to fill the desk time. She, in theory, knew Gibbs all the way back to the days of Mike Franks. So we’re going to bring in people like that and have some fun with different characters. And then, hopefully, when people are comfortable enough, one will walk in and be The One.”

Sounds like dating ... they don't want the permanent "new Ziva" to appear until the audience has had some rebound characters. :)
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#20 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

How about Sonya from The Bridges.

spam firewall