Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Bridge

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,567 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Sonya's response, like: "What are you doing here?? We can't have sex in the office"

Back to the horse: I replayed it a few times to see if the markings were the same as the opening scene. Couldn't tell for sure. 

Oddity: The closed captioning was done by WBGH, my old Boston PBS station, the one that launched Julia Child.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,242 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

I haven't watched this week's episode yet. Does the Spoiler tag work for this IP Board?

#43 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Aspergers

Thanks for the correction; much appreciated. At least I didn't use two S-es.

So, the score now is:

casual sex - 1

intimacy - 0

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#44 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

I think you need a bigger scorecard, as there are a number of players here! 

#45 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,316 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

I haven't watched this week's episode yet. Does the Spoiler tag work for this IP Board?

Spoiler

• Laxguy likes this

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#46 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

I also used to have to visit El Paso and Juarez as well although the bridge in the first episode isn't the main bridge b/w the two cities.  Going to Juarez is quite an experience.  Good show, though.

HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#47 OFFLINE   calgary2800

calgary2800

Godfather

• Registered
  • 300 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

I went to El Paso last year and of course could not resist the walk to Juarez, was offered a ride to tourist sites and to see the ladies. I went by myself, did not take the cabbies offer was thinking what if I get mugged and get my passport stole how will I get home. Now if I was with some people I probably would take in some stuff cause of the excitment factor, I live in boring Seattle come on now.
Choice XTra
NHL Center Ice

#48 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

...and to see the ladies...

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Yes, Seattle is boring unless your true love is bad coffee, but at least you will not spend 30 years in a foreign hell-hole jail just because you drove into the wrong queue (ending up in Juarez) and they found a single round of ammo buried in your trunk. Has happened to a number of folks.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#49 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

I think you need a bigger scorecard, as there are a number of players here! 

Well, sure. But can't I comment about just one aspect?

I guess my point is that Sonya is indeed, as the other girl at the PD says, "an interesting girl". She seems to know exactly what she wants, how to get it, exactly how and how fast she wants it, how to enjoy it, exactly what she doesn't want, and how to avoid that. And I certainly would not be unhappy just because I didn't get to snuggle a little bit. Girls with a damaged social filter are my weakness, especially if they are hot, blonde, and stunning.

#50 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:28 AM

I just got this week's show but anybody know how I can play catchup back to the pilot and the next 2 shows? I can do VOD on Directv but that's only SD and I won't watch SD. Is Amazon or Netflix or somebody carrying the show in HD? And how come Directv only VODs in SD??

#51 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

I just got this week's show but anybody know how I can play catchup back to the pilot and the next 2 shows? I can do VOD on Directv but that's only SD and I won't watch SD. Is Amazon or Netflix or somebody carrying the show in HD? And how come Directv only VODs in SD??

DirecTV VOD is in the format that the network provides it to DirecTV. There are some VODs that are HD. FX provides it in SD though.

- Merg

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#52 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

As Merg says.

And I thought I caught a mention at the end that one could stream it from FX itself, or maybe some re-casts of the first eps. Wasn't paying attention, but you might FF to the end, then back up and see what info's at the end of the ep. 

#53 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,475 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Oh my gosh, this series keeps getting better every week. Great episode once again last night 

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#54 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

Oh my gosh, this series keeps getting better every week. Great episode once again last night

Yup. Although some parts were a little predictable.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#55 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,475 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Yup. Although some parts were a little predictable.

- Merg

Well, we are professional TV viewers, :rotfl:  predictability sometimes can't be avoided  :righton:

Edited by oldschoolecw, 01 August 2013 - 10:23 AM.

• Laxguy likes this

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#56 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Hm, perhaps I can stream it on FX.com via my laptop and then out to the TV via HDMI...

#57 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,475 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Hm, perhaps I can stream it on FX.com via my laptop and then out to the TV via HDMI...

Yeah you can, if FX has the episodes to stream

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#58 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

Show has been getting better every week.
  • Laxguy likes this

#59 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

FX only has the latest ep. And the streaming from their site is terrible, you need super bandwidth to get non-jittery video. So I found it on Amazon--my Roku box streams magnificently for the lousy bandwidth I have. I got "Maria" and on out in HD off sat, so grabbed the first 3 off Amazon. Looks like a pretty good show.

#60 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

Sonya's response, like: "What are you doing here?? We can't have sex in the office"

Back to the horse: I replayed it a few times to see if the markings were the same as the opening scene. Couldn't tell for sure. 

Oddity: The closed captioning was done by WBGH, my old Boston PBS station, the one that launched Julia Child.

I played at WGBH a couple of times, and ran into Julia Childs there in the stairwell. She was about as tall as me, about 6-2 then. Once I was there in a 3-man orchestra for a live radio broadcast of Archibald MacLeish's "Fall of the City", and the second time my band was playing for their yearly telethon. And I was on David Silver's "What's Happening Mr. Silver?" on WGBH-TV.

Question about The Bridge: What does Hastings do business-wise with Alma when we first see them hanging out at lunchtime? And how did Hastings know his wife and son were killed by hit-and-run scumbag Jr. Sol or whatever his name was? And what was the stripper scene at the open with Jr. Sol and Frye all about? It looked like Frye was playing him in some way.

Edited by Maruuk, 30 August 2013 - 01:31 AM.

spam firewall