Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper - S400 Software Experiences/Bugs

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

New version, for new/factory boxes:

PID=08E0h     07/11/13 22:02:06
 DownloadID:5YNA
 Upgrading parts of new FW with filters: [2]
 S400:'S040'-'S0ZZ'
 S400:'1[A-D0-2]1[A-B0-1]'&'S040'-'S0ZZ','S400'-'S400'
 New FW:'S400'&'S400'
 List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs and SN: [1/1]
'1...'&'NA[CFJ].':     {XiP813}  R0000000001-R4000000000

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TheGrove

TheGrove

AllStar

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Well I got the update - and the message screen touting the new tunner infor screen (red button). 

THE NEW TUNNER INFO SCREEN SUCKS!!!!!

Previously it would show what was on each of the tunners even if you weren't watching them.  Now it only shows the tunner you are watching or if something is recording on a different tunner.  What ever channel the 3rd tunner is tuned to doesn't show so you don't know what channel you would switch to if you swapped tunners.

This is a real bad decrease in useability and usefullnes of the screen.

2 Hoppers (2 - 2TB EHD)
1 Joey

#3 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 472 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Well I got the update - and the message screen touting the new tunner infor screen (red button).

Previously it would show what was on each of the tunners even if you weren't watching them. Now it only shows the tunner you are watching or if something is recording on a different tunner. What ever channel the 3rd tunner is tuned to doesn't show so you don't know what channel you would switch to if you swapped tunners.

You can just hit the PiP button to turn on PiP then hit the RED button to see what the PiP tuner is doing.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using DBSTalk mobile app

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#4 OFFLINE   TheGrove

TheGrove

AllStar

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

You can just hit the PiP button to turn on PiP then hit the RED button to see what the PiP tuner is doing.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using DBSTalk mobile app

Yes I know, but if I've hit PIP I now already know what is on that tuner, granted not which tuner it is. 

I still don't see why I have to do the extra steps of bringing the PIP up just to get it to show on the status screen and then have to close the PIP to go back to where I was.

Otherwise the new update seems ok.  I'm still check to see if it will loose my EHD, so far it hasn't.

2 Hoppers (2 - 2TB EHD)
1 Joey

#5 OFFLINE   bnewt

bnewt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

Previously it would show what was on each of the tunners even if you weren't watching them.  Now it only shows the tunner you are watching or if something is recording on a different tunner.  What ever channel the 3rd tunner is tuned to doesn't show so you don't know what channel you would switch to if you swapped tunners.

Even though I have not upgraded to the hopper system, it seem like this would be the better idea...........then again, maybe some complained that they were being "spied" on

May God Guide and Guard the USA!

#6 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yes I dont like this either. I dont get it, if you go the PIP way its the exact same screen just have 6 button presses to do the same thing 2 did before to get the same place. Weird. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Edited by saberfly, 18 July 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

Spooling for all devices:

PID=08E0h     07/18/13 23:01:57
 DownloadID:62NA
 Upgrading parts of new FW with filters: [2]
 S400:'S040'-'S399'
 S400:'1[A-D0-2]1[A-B0-1]'&'S040'-'S400'
 New FW:'S400'&'S400'
 List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs and SN: [1/1]
'1...'&'NA[CFJ].':     {XiP813}  R0000000001-R4000000000

#8 OFFLINE   rgranberry

rgranberry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:58 AM

S400 – not sure what this update did besides obvious rework of activity display. I only have one hopper and no joeys, so don’t know if any interoperability problems were fixed.

Continuing bug / annoyances:

Custom list problem. Seems to pick a channel to drop and never allow back in the list until you delete the list and start all over, then it picks another channel to be mean to.

Would be nice if the Timer limit was greater than 96 so I can leave in timers for all 3 or 4 seasons of the broadcasting year and still set up one time timers for movies and sports. Why is there a limit?

The Skip Fwd problem that showed up with S213, where the picture does not keep up with rapid presses of Skip Fwd.

Removal of “Record Series” from menu that comes up when selecting a movie from the guide. Makes sense, but prevents setting up the timer to store in a Movies folder. work-around: after timer created, select movie in guide again and use
'edit timer' from menu.

Removal of the “press play to resume” when selecting a recording. Now you have to just know that is how you resume.

Folder counts include deleted items. How hard is it to display the number of items in the folder; it knows how to display only the undeleted recordings when you select the folder, so it obviously knows how many there are.

#9 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

Removal of the “press play to resume” when selecting a recording. Now you have to just know that is how you resume.

- The resume option was added to the drop down options when you press select on an event.

#10 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

Im sad about the tuner screen. Having to press pip then red button to see what all tuners are doing then having to press pip and cancel the pip is a pain and seems backwards as its the EXACT same screen. I like pausing one channel switching tuners then watching the other tuner until a commercial then pausing that and going back to the other. This is a HUGE pain now. I think alot of people will think the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

#11 OFFLINE   TheGrove

TheGrove

AllStar

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:26 AM

...I'm still check to see if it will loose my EHD, so far it hasn't.

So the update seems to have fixed the loosing of the EHD.  So far even if I let my EHD sit for days without access every time I've gone to pull it up it is still in the list so I can select it and access it.

Thank you!

2 Hoppers (2 - 2TB EHD)
1 Joey

#12 OFFLINE   rgranberry

rgranberry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

- The resume option was added to the drop down options when you press select on an event.

Seems there is a different drop down menu when using folders, i.e. there is no "resume" in this menu.

like you said, "resume" IS in the menu when using "no folders".

#13 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

It is still there when using by title folder option.

#14 OFFLINE   gilroykilroy

gilroykilroy

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

It is still there when using by title folder option.

Not there when using custom folders.

#15 OFFLINE   rgranberry

rgranberry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

Correct. Different drop down menu when you have to select a folder first to get to your recording.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...