Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

what is this why directv install it

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   albertldee

albertldee

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts
  • Locationfl

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

i only have 3 D12-700 the guy put this on the line for just 1 of the box i take it off cause it was getting hot to the touch real hot

if someone could explain for me (1) whats it's for (2) what will happen if i removed it, everything i read on google does not explain the difference if i keep it or remove it

decadeca_B.jpg

Edited by albertldee, 13 July 2013 - 11:01 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,344 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

If you only have D12s, there is no use for a DECA at all.

#3 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

It's the wired-only option DIRECTV installers now use for a "Cinema Connection Kit" (CCK) for coax networked H/HR series receivers.

But since you only have D12 SD receivers which have no networking capability, it serves no purpose for your setup and should not have been installed.

You can safely remove it.

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,344 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

I'm really starting to wonder about installers after a few strange posts on here...

#5 OFFLINE   albertldee

albertldee

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts
  • Locationfl

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

hmmm did i mention the installer that install this try to sell me a pole for the dish under the table, he said it cost $75 but he could sell me one for $45 cause without the pole he cannot install the dish, he said the pole that came with the new dish will not work up to code i need a extended pole, i refuse so he used a existing dish that was install on the house already, he install the above device and connect it to my router but couldnt explain what it was for, i call directv and they said i wasnt supposed to be charge they send out another installer the next day he removed everything and put up a new dish cause it's a new installation

however i think he did not see this and left it cause i disconnect it

spam firewall