Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Still having problems with On Demand

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

I want to watch a program "Beware of Mr. Baker", a documentary on former Cream madman/drummer Ginger Baker. I've tried downloading it twice, and I always get that "no internet connection" error message half way through. When I choose "Watch" to see if it's there, it shows up with the "Buy Now" banner partially blocking it, but after a few minutes the screen goes black with no sound.

This happened at two different points in the movie for the two times I tried downloading it, so I'm wondering if it's supposed to do that until you pay, or am I actually losing my internet connection resulting in a failed download.

Edited by mystic7, 14 July 2013 - 05:25 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,537 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

Using your DirecTV remote press and hold the Info button. This will bring up the System Info & Test screen. Select More System Info. Scroll down to Network and check your settings. If there are discrepancies go to Network Setup and select Test Connection. If it reports discrepancies select Repeat Network Setup. 

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#3 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

I have done that and it shows a network connection.

#4 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

Don't know if this helps -the program Will be shown on channel 545 7/16- Search from the guide will list more times and channels.

"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#5 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

Yeah but my free Showtime ended on July 3rd and I'm not signing up just for one show. Thanks for responding though. btw, I ran the test again and got 3 errors. One had to do with a phone line which I knew I'm not connected, the second had to do with poor playback of recorded programs which has never been a problem. The third one said something about an inconsistent  internet connection. I have a strong wi-fi signal down where the genie is so I don't know what the problem is. I downloaded the Ginger Baker docu again, this time it doesn't play at all, I just get my input notification flashing on screen (you know, like HDMI 1).

Do you think if I tried paying for it, and it still doesn't play, Directv will credit my account? Oh, when I ran the test I got the error code 72-79-98-082

#6 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,537 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Yeah but my free Showtime ended on July 3rd and I'm not signing up just for one show. Thanks for responding though. btw, I ran the test again and got 3 errors. One had to do with a phone line which I knew I'm not connected, the second had to do with poor playback of recorded programs which has never been a problem. The third one said something about an inconsistent  internet connection. I have a strong wi-fi signal down where the genie is so I don't know what the problem is. I downloaded the Ginger Baker docu again, this time it doesn't play at all, I just get my input notification flashing on screen (you know, like HDMI 1).

Do you think if I tried paying for it, and it still doesn't play, Directv will credit my account? Oh, when I ran the test I got the error code 72-79-98-082

Call DirecTV, report your issues, give them the error codes and take it from there.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#7 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,589 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

. When I choose "Watch" to see if it's there, it shows up with the "Buy Now" banner partially blocking it, but after a few minutes the screen goes black with no sound.

That is normal.  as you can always see the first 5 minutes of any pay movie.  if you dont pay, well you dont get to watch   :nono2:

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#8 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:34 AM

Well, that's all I wanted to know. Thanks

#9 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

Just as a followup I ordered the documentary and it played fine. In fact I streamed it and it was done downloading well before I finished watching it.

#10 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,589 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Awesome.  Thanks for the update. 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

spam firewall