Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Took the plunge -- HR44

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sweep49

sweep49

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 167 posts
  • LocationSW GA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

After following the topics for months I finally took the plunge and ordered the HR44 from Reider Electronics on Amazon. It arrived in 2 days via UPS.  Activated it yesterday and I have to say, like just about everyone, I am blown away.  DTV got it right with this iteration.  The speed and responsiveness alone make this a winner  Really looking forward to no more recording conflicts and using the PIP during football season.

HR22-100 + AM21
HR22-100

HR44-500 + AM21
H21 + AM21

Self installed:
Slimline 5
SWM-16
MRV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,942 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

Nice! :)

Do ya like how fast you can scroll through the Guide or the Playlist?  For me it's too fast to read but I can usually get where I want to be in the Guide faster than punching in the channel number. :D

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#3 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• Registered
  • 12,940 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

Enjoy! 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#4 OFFLINE   sweep49

sweep49

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 167 posts
  • LocationSW GA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

Yes the scrolling speed is amazing compared to the other HRs.  It is really fast and what it needs to be for a good user experience.

HR22-100 + AM21
HR22-100

HR44-500 + AM21
H21 + AM21

Self installed:
Slimline 5
SWM-16
MRV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...