Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help! Can you I.D. this show?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,003 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

Following a Showtime re-run of a recent Dexter, I became fascinated with a program that followed it, and watched it for an hour before the extra time ran out. As it was recorded in the extra hour allotted to Dexter, there was no clue as to what I was watching. So, based on the following, can anyone say what it was? Movie? Series? 

It all takes place so far as I saw inside the trunk of a car!  A Fed agent is being held captive and terrorized by unknown persons, and he's inside a strong plexiglass container, with lights and electronic gear, and a CB radio and all sorts of things happen, but he's the only person seen for the first hour. I'd love to be able to find it and see the ending, or watch the series if it is one.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,853 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

Do you have the date when you viewed it? 

"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,431 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

I believe it was called Brake.

Movie Info

Secret Service Agent Jeremy Reins (Stephen Dorff) is about to have a very bad day. He wakes up trapped in the dark, cramped trunk of a moving car with no recollection of how or why he's there. The only light comes from the blood-red digital numbers ticking away above his head that signify one thing..he's running out of time. As the captors reveal themselves and their motives while torturing their hostage mentally and physically, Jeremy realizes he is a pawn in their potentially catastrophic plot. He will not be set free until he gives up information about the President he's been trained not to reveal. -- © IFC

Edited by jimmie57, 16 July 2013 - 06:15 AM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

Yes, yes, yes, that's it! Thanks, Jimmie. 

Mark- I didn't include the date I recorded Dexter as it was  one of several reruns. I did scroll through a week's worth of programming, but nothing in Info sounded like this movie. Is there a Guide that shows historical information (history here defined as a few days!)

#5 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,431 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

Yes, yes, yes, that's it! Thanks, Jimmie. 

Mark- I didn't include the date I recorded Dexter as it was  one of several reruns. I did scroll through a week's worth of programming, but nothing in Info sounded like this movie. Is there a Guide that shows historical information (history here defined as a few days!)

That movie is going to be on Thrusday 7-18 at 6.20pm on 549

Several times after that.

Do a search just using BRAKE and it pops right up.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#6 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,853 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

Not in the DirecTV receiver. However, many channels have their own websites, and Showtime includes print schedules. If you go to the Showtime Schedule Website, there is a link to print schedules. There, I found the schedules for July, 2013 and August, 2013. With a little URL manipulation, I was able to locate to June, 2013 schedule as well.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#7 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Thank you. Good to know that's available. 

#8 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

That movie is going to be on Thrusday 7-18 at 6.20pm on 549

Several times after that.

Do a search just using BRAKE and it pops right up.

I wrote a thanks on this this morning, but apparently I didn't send it!

So, thanks again, Jimmie, I have it on the To Do list now. 

spam firewall