Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Genie 0x0725, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   ticmxman

ticmxman

Legend

• Registered
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:03 AM

My HR44 froze last night. So I guess the problem remains.
T

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   MartyS

MartyS

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

My HR44 froze last night. So I guess the problem remains.

That's not good news :(

Marty

My Setup

Life is in HD and 3D -- be sure to enjoy it!!

Never argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

#43 OFFLINE   ticmxman

ticmxman

Legend

• Registered
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

That's not good news :(

Understand that the freeze is easily corrected by pressing rew then play the DVR is not locked up, which would require a reboot to correct. It only occurred once and did not effect the enjoyment of the recorded show.
T

#44 OFFLINE   jacinkcmo

jacinkcmo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

Understand that the freeze is easily corrected by pressing rew then play the DVR is not locked up, which would require a reboot to correct. It only occurred once and did not effect the enjoyment of the recorded show.

The freeze I seem to have at least once a week is while in the guide, all funcionality simply stops - the program I'm watching continues in the small inset screen, but no button pushes have any effect - I can't exit the guide or make anything else happen - a reset seems to be the only "fix".

I grew up in a 3-channel world...and there's often still nothing on I want to watch!

HR44-500 w/ AM-21
HR24-200

#45 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

While I understand there are times Directv choses not to invest in OTA features I am perplexed that they extended time and energy to remove a useful feature.

The definition of Perplexed and DTV are in the same category.  No difference on my end, same old BS they just wont address. live buffers failing, etc , etc ,etc... this must just be a huge joke at the water cooler.

Edited by Datagg, 19 July 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#46 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,376 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

Buffers are 20th C. ideas. Use Record if you care about what you watch. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#47 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

Buffers are 20th C. ideas. Use Record if you care about what you watch. 

Excuse me....no offense,  I get up to answer the phone and pause, come back it wont play...if I get up to take a leak, come back it wont resume... Perhaps my buffer term is misplaced, but is it to much to ask for a unit to perform as its intended?... I understand the apparent love some have for this unit, I get it.... but the issues it has is insane and what we get is stuff taken away, no fixes and at times things get worse when stated otherwise. Im sorry i pay allot of money for this service and its not to much to expect the value I am told I will get to actual work as it should.

Edited by Datagg, 19 July 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#48 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,376 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

You're quite right; that's a use of the buffer that positively should work. Not that this makes it right, but if you record, does the same thing happen? A possible work around till you can get that unit replaced. (You're not 98% full or anything are you?)

#49 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

You're quite right; that's a use of the buffer that positively should work. Not that this makes it right, but if you record, does the same thing happen? A possible work around till you can get that unit replaced. (You're not 98% full or anything are you?)

No under 20%, not much on there at at all as i try to keep the load down. I understand your point on recording and beleive me i do most of the time. But to record every show is just not always feasable. For instance, i have guests over, or the family to watch a game, or a show that comes on out of the blue. Someone has to get up, I pause it and they come back and 20 minutes is lost. or any type of scenario that causes this. I shouldn’t have to "Record" something everytime to avoid this issue. Sure it’s a workaround, but i or any subscriber shouldn’t have to jump through hoops to avoid a situation that they just won’t fix or address or for that matter even admit is an issue.

Very frustrating.... maybe the next patch

EDIT, just happened.. Wife just say down, began to watch the show wipe-out, paused it as she wanted me to see a part of it. came in here as i was writing this, got up when done, sat down she pressed play and it wouldnt start, tried to rewind it, wouldnt move... wouldnt forward... as always, we had to change the chanels then go back.. all lost.  Damn this is ridiculous. This is the 2nd HR34 this year.

Edited by Datagg, 19 July 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#50 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 969 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Something else about the new TV Apps sports app, the game times for MLB seem to be all Pacific time zone. I live in the Mountain time zone. My HR44 is showing the correct time for me, recordings are fine, so it must be something involving this new app. I do wish we had the "Favorite Team" selection and Email checker app that we had before. Maybe they will come later.....

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#51 ONLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,218 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Something else about the new TV Apps sports app, the game times for MLB seem to be all Pacific time zone. I live in the Mountain time zone. My HR44 is showing the correct time for me, recordings are fine, so it must be something involving this new app. I do wish we had the "Favorite Team" selection and Email checker app that we had before. Maybe they will come later.....

I'm Eastern and they looks Central to me.

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#52 OFFLINE   gully_foyle

gully_foyle

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,297 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

If you're watching that much 1080p material that this is truly an issue for you, bypass the AVR for video. 

Or I could buy a new TV set and AVR?

Thanks for the tip.

DirecTV since 1994 // 2014Q2 Setup here

#53 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,376 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

I presume that's sardonic. Is it?  I.a.e., there's almost no 1080p content via DIRECTV or any other provider, unless it's PPV and even there, the offerings are sparse.

#54 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Had a long converstaion with DTV tonight. They acknowledge all the issues everyone has been reporting. They claim they are feverishly working on them all and to expect an update soon to address them.  I mentioned I heard all of this before and time is running out as far as im concerned.  I must say it was a good convo tonight with a tech guy, who basicaly told me not to even bother with disk checks etc, as this issue, rather all of the issues i am having will continue until patch and there scanning reports, tests etc will show nothing. Long story short, I ended up getting, which they initiated is what i call "shut up and deal with it" rebates. I wont get into details on what that is, rather i just wanted to post this here as  they are aware this latest update even made some issues worse. I explained when he said that, the last 2 days have been actualy the worst yet.. they are fully aware of this.

So all our issues are fact, he named some out I didnt even know about, it was that kind of candid conversation we had. Definetly as stated and I told him,  "your one of the good guys that say it like it is wihout blowing smoke up our rears". We even talked about the forums here also and how he is a big fan.

Just wanted to share as hopefully we will get some good news soon via an update.

Edited by Datagg, 19 July 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#55 OFFLINE   kram

kram

Godfather

• Registered
  • 548 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

Got home from vacation to discover several problems that I didn't have before I left.

- So far, two "series" recorded programs displayed a message saying that they were only partial recordings (had to delete and set up alternate recordings)

- Response to RC71 remote button presses is sluggish, and sometimes non-existent (will not resume play after a FF; just keeps fast forwarding)

Checked for a software update, and saw one on 7/17. Of course, this is the reason for the new problems! Will try doing a reset to see if it helps.

SlimLine w/SWM-16 // HR44-700 w/Samsung UN50HU8550 UHD 4K // HR24-200 w/Sony KDL-46XBR9 // HR24-100 w/Samsung UN40ES6100 // Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH A/V Receiver // Samsung Blu-ray BD-6500//
DirecTV since 2000

#56 OFFLINE   vbush

vbush

AllStar

• Registered
  • 70 posts
  • LocationTexas (Tyler DMA)

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

Anyway to roll back to previous version? Removing OTA scanning has removed my local Fox affiliate.
Slimline (SWM) > HR 44-500 > WVBR0-01 > C41W-500 + HR 24-200 (AM-21) = (Whole Home DVR) Ultimate + HD Extra Pack + HBO + Showtime + Protection Plan<p>

#57 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,097 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

Anyway to roll back to previous version? Removing OTA scanning has removed my local Fox affiliate.

Nope.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#58 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

Though not as important as losing a network affiliate like you have, especially if not carried by the satellite, the removal of OTA scanning from the Genie took out two of my favorite OTA sub-channels.

KTLA 5-3 "This TV" and Fox's new "MOVIES!" channel on the Fox O&O KCOP 13-3. :mad:  

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#59 ONLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,218 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Call DirecTV and demand a credit for removing OTA locals you once receive. A few hundred of these will get their attention.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#60 OFFLINE   dod1450

dod1450

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

I agree with this one. I am also experiancing HDMI cut outs. Every so offen both audio and picture goes black. Then they return.  Never had this problem before.

Also I missed the app where I can keep track of my favorite sport team.

HDR-24
HDR-34
AM-21N
ATT uverse internet

Genie Go

PGP: AD5A 96DC 7556 A020 B8E7 0E4D 5D5E 9BA5 C83E 8C92

Protected By... spam firewall...And...