Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Genie 0x0725, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   steelerfanmike

steelerfanmike

Legend

• Registered
  • 218 posts
  • LocationNj/pa border

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

like I asked before, Why can't Directv just add all the sub channels to there lineup??

This Network

BounceTV

RetroTV

MeTV

AntennaTV

Cozi

Movies!

Accu weather channel

HR34-700 with a AM 21 OTA Tuner Hooked to a Sony HD3D 60" TV ( KDL-60EX720)
With 3 C31 Clients an using a Cisco E4200 V2 wireless router for APPS and Youtube
Hooked to a OTA Channel Master Roof mount 100 mile range antenna with a rotor.
To watch (Philly @ WilkesBarre PA. Locals)
Directv locals are NYC

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,226 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

like I asked before, Why can't Directv just add all the sub channels to there lineup??

This Network

BounceTV

RetroTV

MeTV

AntennaTV

Cozi

Movies!

Accu weather channel

Yeah ...

And since they are all SD channels its not like it would take a lot of satellite bandwidth to do it.

I don't know, ... I think someone posted once that its a contractual thing for those channels limiting them only to local markets and not national feeds. But that explanation never made much sense to me. :mellow:  

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#83 OFFLINE   ticmxman

ticmxman

Legend

• Registered
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

Multiple HR44 freezes 8+ while viewing HBO on demand view now. This is the first time the problem interfered with viewing. Comcast Internet speed was over 20 at this time.

Will a reset help this issue?
T

#84 OFFLINE   PMA

PMA

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts
  • LocationLivermore, California

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hello all,

I went through this entire thread and saw a couple of references to HDMI outs.  I recently upgraded to Genie and just downloaded a 1080p movie to watch this past weekend. Downloaded on Friday and didn't watch until Sunday.  When launching the movie, the screen went black and my TV (Samsung) seemed to lose connection to the feed from the Genie and AVR (Denon 3808ci).  TV said something like "No Input Signal" or whatever it displays when no signal is getting to it.  About 30 seconds to a minute after launching the movie, it suddenly appeared on the TV.  Ran fine and when finished, I hit the delete button and screen went black again wit the "No Input Signal" message again.  I waited for about 2-3 minutes and nothing.  Had to turn off the TV and Genie and back on to reestablish the connection.  Is this what people are referring to as HDMI outs?  If so, is this a bug with 1080p content or something else?

#85 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,126 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

I have an odd issue that just appeared after the 0x0725 update.  Now my Genie (hr44-700) automatically begins recording the current show that I am watching.

At first I thought it was a remote issue - but I took the batteries out of the remote and after about 20 minutes, Genie started recording the show I was watching.  Then after 20 more minutes it began recording the entire series of the show.

It asks as if someone is pressing the "R" button and then pressing it again.  Did not have this issue before Thursday, now it does it about every 20 minutes.

I have done the RBR with no help...

Ideas?

What's your Search & Browse/TV Shows/Genie Settings?

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#86 OFFLINE   breeman9

breeman9

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBeachwood NJ {Jersey Shore}

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

With a Genie Mini, can you attach it to an analog TV?  If so what do you need?

#87 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

With a Genie Mini, can you attach it to an analog TV?  If so what do you need?

Yes;

With a 10 pin to composite adapter cable such as here;

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/B00BDXBBJ2

Or for component here;

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B006R9O2PC

Even though the cables are listed for the C31 and H25 on Amazon, they are in fact compatible with all three C31, 41, and H25.

#88 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 185 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

Hello all,

I went through this entire thread and saw a couple of references to HDMI outs.  I recently upgraded to Genie and just downloaded a 1080p movie to watch this past weekend. Downloaded on Friday and didn't watch until Sunday.  When launching the movie, the screen went black and my TV (Samsung) seemed to lose connection to the feed from the Genie and AVR (Denon 3808ci).  TV said something like "No Input Signal" or whatever it displays when no signal is getting to it.  About 30 seconds to a minute after launching the movie, it suddenly appeared on the TV.  Ran fine and when finished, I hit the delete button and screen went black again wit the "No Input Signal" message again.  I waited for about 2-3 minutes and nothing.  Had to turn off the TV and Genie and back on to reestablish the connection.  Is this what people are referring to as HDMI outs?  If so, is this a bug with 1080p content or something else?

Certainly sounds similar, however my blackouts usually only last a couple of seconds or less. It doesn't last long enough for me to see "no input signal" on my TV. It also doesn't only occur when starting and stopping a recording or on-demand content. It will happen randomly while watching a live show.

It hasn't happened to me since I pulled my monoprice HDMI switch out of the mix so I suspect that just went bad, but I'm going to try it out on the next few genie upgrades before I am convinced it gave up the ghost.

If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#89 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Issue:  Caller ID Ghost call.

My 2-day-old HR44-700 is having an odd Caller ID issue.  When the phone is in use, every few minutes it flashes "Caller ID - Caller Unavailible".  I can confirm there's no 2nd call coming in.  Caller ID worked fine with the same jack when it was going into my older HR24. Not only that, but I don't even think my local caller ID service indicates when there's a second call coming in.

Apparently others have the same issue.  

#90 OFFLINE   mkdtv21

mkdtv21

Legend

• Registered
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

Could someone post a screen shot of the new HD apps.

#91 OFFLINE   gully_foyle

gully_foyle

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,297 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:04 AM

Oh well;

Just got another callback from the rep. at DIRECTV's Office of the President (Ellen Filipiak's group) on the issue of removal of the Genie's OTA scanning capability in this FW update.

She contacted engineering and they state that the OTA scanning was never intended to be included as a feature of the Genie to begin with, and was serendipitous.

Right.  Something that was only on this device in this fashion was there by sheer accident.  Must have programmed itself.

DirecTV since 1994 // 2014Q2 Setup here

#92 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,923 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

Right.  Something that was only on this device in this fashion was there by sheer accident.  Must have programmed itself.

The old H20 also has/had the scanning function

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#93 OFFLINE   slice1900

slice1900

AllStar

• Registered
  • 2,789 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

The old H20 also has/had the scanning function

I just noticed a software update pushed out to the H20 a couple days ago, and while I haven't noticed any changes it is possible they disabled the scanning functionality so all receivers are 'equal'. So unless someone can confirm this is still true for an H20 running 0x4239 I wouldn't assume the H20 still scans.

Fortunately for me I only care about the 4 big networks on my H20s (and I have no Genies) but even though it doesn't impact me, I think it is beyond stupid that Directv would remove this from the Genie and call it an "enhancement". Every TV set with an ATSC tuner is able to do a channel scan, there's no reason in the world why Directv should not permit this. If they think it will cause problems or confusion make it some sort of hidden option so it is at least possible to do, and tell people that the capability is totally unsupported by Directv.

SL5, PI-6S, SA-6AL 3xSWM16, 21 H20-100, 1 H20-600, 7 H24-700/AM21

#94 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,862 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

I guess we all need to start callin and complaining about it. It does seen ridiculous. I need to call sometime this week about something else and ill mention it then.

#95 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,006 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:28 AM

I guess we all need to start callin and complaining about it. It does seen ridiculous. I need to call sometime this week about something else and ill mention it then.

We should also all email Ellen.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#96 OFFLINE   dod1450

dod1450

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

We should also all email Ellen.

Do you have Ellen email address?

HDR-24
HDR-34
AM-21N
ATT uverse internet

Genie Go

PGP: AD5A 96DC 7556 A020 B8E7 0E4D 5D5E 9BA5 C83E 8C92

#97 OFFLINE   dod1450

dod1450

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

An update. I now have a case manager from Directv to work on why the HDMI is cutting out. Last night they had me up load the log files from my HR-34. Took about 15 minutes to upload. I was unaware that there was an option send the linux /var/log files to Directv Engineers?

Here is another update. My case manager from direction of engineering group, suggested that I try to use the rgb composite. I had switch to composite from hdmi and had not seen any problems. I no longer see 1080p video. My case manager also had mentioned that there seems to be more and more case dealing with hdmi handshake issue.

HDR-24
HDR-34
AM-21N
ATT uverse internet

Genie Go

PGP: AD5A 96DC 7556 A020 B8E7 0E4D 5D5E 9BA5 C83E 8C92

#98 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,714 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

Here is another update. My case manager from direction of engineering group, suggested that I try to use the rgb composite. I had switch to composite from hdmi and had not seen any problems. I no longer see 1080p video. My case manager also had mentioned that there seems to be more and more case dealing with hdmi handshake issue.

FYI: Red , Blue and Green for Video is Component.

Correct, the Component video will display 1080i for it highest resolution. If you are not doing PPV movies it is the highest that is broadcast.

I have been running my Samsung and DTV HR23 and now HR24 using the Component hookup ever since they were having lots of HDMI Handshake problems. It never has a problem because it just sends the signal, no communication between the 2 devices.

Edited by jimmie57, 26 July 2013 - 10:48 AM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#99 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 185 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

Correct, the Component video will display 1080i for it highest resolution. If you are not doing PPV movies it is the highest that is broadcast.

I have been running my Samsung and DTV HR23 and now HR24 using the Component hookup ever since they were having lots of HDMI Handshake problem. It never has a problem because it just send the signal, no communication between the 2 devices.

Aren't you also limited to like 480p on HBO and other Premium networks due to the lack of HDCP with analog connections? Kind of defeats the purpose of HD.

If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#100 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

I have been running my Samsung and DTV HR23 and now HR24 using the Component hookup ever since they were having lots of HDMI Handshake problem. It never has a problem because it just send the signal, no communication between the 2 devices.

Also FYI: I don't think the component out on the DIRECTV receivers is even the "RGB," but the "Y/R-Y/B-Y" component standard. :)

But I agree about the superiority of component over HDMI in the hassle-free aspect, particularly when you throw in the HDCP encryption requirement for the premium channels which really makes continuous proper HDMI handshaking critical and thus a nightmare.       

Protected By... spam firewall...And...