Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Genie 0x0725, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

Do you have Ellen email address?

Ellen.fillipak@directv.com

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,262 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Aren't you also limited to like 480p on HBO and other Premium networks due to the lack of HDCP with analog connections? Kind of defeats the purpose of HD.

No, or at least not yet;

Only on the component outputs of Blu-ray players when playing HD disc material is this restriction enforced to my knowledge.

With DIRECTV receiver component outputs you only lose the ability to receive 1080p/24 Hz programming (currently limited to PPV) which is only allowed over an HDMI connection.  

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#103 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,814 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

Aren't you also limited to like 480p on HBO and other Premium networks due to the lack of HDCP with analog connections? Kind of defeats the purpose of HD.

I have never had a problem with the HBO, Showtime, etc. channels.

I run the 720p and 1080i resolutions and Native to ON since some of those premium channels and several others like ESPN are broadcast in 720p.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#104 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 186 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

I have never had a problem with the HBO, Showtime, etc. channels.

I run the 720p and 1080i resolutions and Native to ON since some of those premium channels and several others like ESPN are broadcast in 720p.

I know I've read of others running into a problem, but it may have been when they were using HDMI and Component (two TVs on one receiver)?

If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#105 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

Yes, could be what you're referring to;

Whenever both HDMI and component outputs are used at the same time to two TVs, the receiver will disable the component outputs on an HDCP protected channel like the premiums if the TV connected to the HDMI connection is turned off, thus losing the HDMI handshake.  

Edited by HoTat2, 26 July 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#106 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,814 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

I know I've read of others running into a problem, but it may have been when they were using HDMI and Component (two TVs on one receiver)?

You will get the same effect if you have both types of connections from the DTV receiver to ONE TV and try to use the Component Input.

The HDMI does not communicate with the TV since you have chosen the Component Input so the DTV receiver kicks you down to SD mode and you have to press and hold the Exit button on the remote to get back to HD. This is of course once you have unplugged the HDMI on both ends of the cable.

Edited by jimmie57, 26 July 2013 - 12:15 PM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#107 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

You will get the same effect if you have both types of connections from the DTV receiver to ONE TV and try to use the Component Input.

The HDMI does not communicate with the TV since you have chosen the Component Input so the DTV receiver kicks you down to SD mode and you have to press and hold the Exit button on the remote to get back to HD. This is of course once you have unplugged the HDMI on both ends of the cable.

No, the component output will actually black out altogether with only a copy protection message displayed at the bottom of the screen if the HDMI cable is connected at both ends, but the handshake is lost for whatever reason, like when turning off the HDMI connected TV set, or the handshake becomes otherwise improper. Unplugging either or both sides of the HDMI cable will remove this limitation.

The "press exit" feature on the remote has to due with viewing the newer HD GUI over the receiver's s-video or "composite" RCA connectors.   

#108 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,814 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

No, the component output will actually black out altogether with only a copy protection message displayed at the bottom of the screen if the HDMI cable is connected at both ends, but the handshake is lost for whatever reason, like when turning off the HDMI connected TV set, or the handshake becomes otherwise improper. Unplugging either or both sides of the HDMI cable will remove this limitation.

The "press exit" feature on the remote has to due with viewing the newer HD GUI over the receiver's s-video or "composite" RCA connectors.   

Yep, seems as tho I lumped 2 problems together.

Bottom line is do not have HDMI and Component ran from the DTV receiver to the TV at the same time.

#109 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Diagnostic Report 20130726-2CC3
Hr44-700
Audio drops when switching to a buffered tuner.

This week I had my HR24 swapped out for an HR44. I now have an intermittent issue of a 3-5 second audio drop when I switch tuners in DouplePlay or in PIP. It happens a majority of the time, but not always. It only happens when the tuner I switch to has a buffer. i dont have the issue if both buffers are live. It appears I can force the audio back with some trickplay commands, or it may just be popping back in automatically after a few seconds (hard to tell which). The issue doesn't seem to happen on channel changes, just on tuner swaps. The HR44 is using the same HDMI port and cable as my HR24 did, and it worked fine. The HDMI goes through my AVR, a Pioneer VSX-1020-K.

Edited by itzme, 26 July 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#110 OFFLINE   kram

kram

Godfather

• Registered
  • 548 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Having multiple freeze issues with one recorded program ("Chopped"). Rewind didn't work. Have to FF to get the recording to continue.

SlimLine w/SWM-16 // HR44-700 w/Samsung UN50HU8550 UHD 4K // HR24-200 w/Sony KDL-46XBR9 // HR24-100 w/Samsung UN40ES6100 // Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH A/V Receiver // Samsung Blu-ray BD-6500//
DirecTV since 2000

#111 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Having multiple freeze issues with one recorded program ("Chopped"). Rewind didn't work. Have to FF to get the recording to continue.

same.. yet ff wont get me out... DTV "claims" they are aware of this and working on a fix... Can only pray, but i most certainly won't be holding my breath.

#112 OFFLINE   D_Art

D_Art

• Registered
  • 9 posts
  • LocationN. Calif.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'm having a similar issue. Recorded programming will FF, skip and rewind but will not play for more than a fraction of a second. Reseting my HR34 fixes the problem. Has occured twice in about 4 days.

Edited by D_Art, 28 July 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#113 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

I believe there is only one "l" in her last name

#114 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

And also an additional "i" in the later part of her name.

Its "Ellen Filipiak"

#115 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

And also an additional "i" in the later part of her name.

Its "Ellen Filipiak"

At least I got the number of i's right, just not in the right place.  lol

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#116 OFFLINE   kram

kram

Godfather

• Registered
  • 548 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

same.. yet ff wont get me out... DTV "claims" they are aware of this and working on a fix... Can only pray, but i most certainly won't be holding my breath.

Since my original post about freeze issue, it's happening pretty consistently with every single recorded program. But FF still works. Hoping that D* releases a fix soon, because this is just totally unacceptable.

SlimLine w/SWM-16 // HR44-700 w/Samsung UN50HU8550 UHD 4K // HR24-200 w/Sony KDL-46XBR9 // HR24-100 w/Samsung UN40ES6100 // Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH A/V Receiver // Samsung Blu-ray BD-6500//
DirecTV since 2000

#117 OFFLINE   ticmxman

ticmxman

Legend

• Registered
  • 282 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

Since my original post about freeze issue, it's happening pretty consistently with every single recorded program. But FF still works. Hoping that D* releases a fix soon, because this is just totally unacceptable.

I guess this is a very inconsistent freezing issue as after having significant issues on one on demand HBO show last week, I have not had a repeat occurrence.
T

#118 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

Diagnostic Report 20130726-2CC3
Hr44-700
Audio drops when switching to a buffered tuner.
This week I had my HR24 swapped out for an HR44. I now have an intermittent issue of a 3-5 second audio drop when I switch tuners in DouplePlay or in PIP. It happens a majority of the time, but not always. It only happens when the tuner I switch to has a buffer. i dont have the issue if both buffers are live. It appears I can force the audio back with some trickplay commands, or it may just be popping back in automatically after a few seconds (hard to tell which). The issue doesn't seem to happen on channel changes, just on tuner swaps. The HR44 is using the same HDMI port and cable as my HR24 did, and it worked fine. The HDMI goes through my AVR, a Pioneer VSX-1020-K.

I was wondering if anyone else here has a Pioneer AVR and is having this issue. If so, please note your AVR model number.

#119 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

Running 0x725 on my HR34.  What's up with SCORE GUIDE?  The SCORE GUIDE prompt when I tune to a sports channel only appears about 50% of the time.  IF and when it does, and when I then press the red button, sometimes I get the good old SCORE GUIDE I'm used to, but sometimes I get a new fangled SCORE GUIDE that look and acts like a Rube Goldberg invention.  The horrible new format Score Guide takes 8 full seconds to appear when I press the red button, and then it is difficult and time consuming to navigate through.  For example:  If a baseball game is being played today and it finishes, the score of the finished game no longer appears on today's schedule like it always does with the old SCORE GUIDE.  The final score is shunted over to something like Previous Scores.  I can't remember the exact title of the tab.  Then you have to scroll through about 8 pages to find the score of the game that just ended 2 minutes ago!  Utterly stupid! 

BTW:  With 0x725, my HR34 still oftentimes will freeze the picture when I press FFWD.  Oftentimes when I use the FFWD setting 4 to get to the end of a video, the KEEP/DELETE prompt won't appear.  My HR34 still will not auto-backspace enough when I go from FFWD to PLAY. 

#120 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

jibberyerkibber....what you are seeing is the NEW HD TV Apps look, introduced with this update. I,too, have sometimes seen the new HD TV Apps "linger" after viewing it, then exiting it, then pressing the Red Button Scoregiude. It is intermittent for me though. The old Scoreguide still works  for me. It is new and will probably go thru some modifications. Currently for me it does not have the correct start time for upcoming games. The start time listed are for the Pacific TZ, I live inthe Mountain TZ......

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

Protected By... spam firewall...And...