Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Genie 0x0725, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#126 OFFLINE   jacinkcmo

jacinkcmo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

I've noticed another issue.  Occasionally Closed Captions just stop showing up.  Not often but at least once every few days.  It takes a reset to bring them back.

I grew up in a 3-channel world...and there's often still nothing on I want to watch!

HR44-500 w/ AM-21
HR24-200

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#127 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 239 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

Looking at the firmware watcher at http://www.redh.com/dtv/?r=HR34-700 I find it interesting that deployment of this release on the HR34 seems to have stopped completely - it hasn't been in the stream for a while. Must be more problematic than we realize?

If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#128 OFFLINE   D_Art

D_Art

• Registered
  • 9 posts
  • LocationN. Calif.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

Looking at the firmware watcher at http://www.redh.com/dtv/?r=HR34-700 I find it interesting that deployment of this release on the HR34 seems to have stopped completely - it hasn't been in the stream for a while. Must be more problematic than we realize?

If that table is accurate then my HR34/700 was updated to the wrong firmware - I show 0x725 installed on 07/17, which is listed as a HR44 firmware.

#129 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,232 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

If that table is accurate then my HR34/700 was updated to the wrong firmware - I show 0x725 installed on 07/17, which is listed as a HR44 firmware.

HR34 and HR44 get the same software version #.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#130 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,636 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

Yeah, I notice;

And because of these bugs I really wouldn't mind bailing out of x0725 and return to x06DB which is the NR in the stream now to await a better x0700 series release. I would also get OTA scanning back too :).

But I think what will happen is if you revert back to a x0600 series release from a x0700 series one, all your recordings will be deleted.

Can anyone confirm this? 

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#131 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,678 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

Since you were already targeted for 725, your receiver will just redownload it again overnight next time its available.

As for losing recordings, it depends on how much has changed and if they updated anything about the format they record programming. If they did usually you only lose the recordings made since the upgrade, but if they did something to how they store existing recordings you might lose everything.

#132 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,636 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Since you were already targeted for 725, your receiver will just redownload it again overnight next time its available.

As for losing recordings, it depends on how much has changed and if they updated anything about the format they record programming. If they did usually you only lose the recordings made since the upgrade, but if they did something to how they store existing recordings you might lose everything.

Yes, but looking at the FW watcher history, as rmmccann notes, 0x0725 has not been in the stream for quite awhile now. So it "appears" not to be coming back given its many reported problems.

However, I fear reverting to x06DB until the next x0700 series NR if all my recordings will be deleted.  

#133 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

Freeze problem continues. D* says they fixed the problem on 7/26 without having to push out a software update. On the phone with D* now reporting that the issue still exists.

I've been having this issue a couple times a week for the past few weeks also but I'm still on the previous release as well... and also looks like this release isn't being used anymore either...

#134 OFFLINE   samthegam

samthegam

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

Yes, but looking at the FW watcher history, as rmmccann notes, 0x0725 has not been in the stream for quite awhile now. So it "appears" not to be coming back given its many reported problems.

However, I fear reverting to x06DB until the next x0700 series NR if all my recordings will be deleted.  

I did not loose any recordings when I went back 0x06DB

#135 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,636 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

Great, thanks;

Going to give it shot then later today.

#136 OFFLINE   jacinkcmo

jacinkcmo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

And how exactly do you "go back"?  Thanks.

I grew up in a 3-channel world...and there's often still nothing on I want to watch!

HR44-500 w/ AM-21
HR24-200

#137 OFFLINE   samthegam

samthegam

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

And how exactly do you "go back"?  Thanks.

To go back to 0x06DB you need to make sure it is in the stream - check this site http://www.redh.com/dtv/

• Restart your receiver. Using the remote control, select
    Menu -> Settings&Help -> Settings > Reset -> Restart Receiver ({DASH} to confirm)
  • When the reset process starts, the blue LEDs on the front of the receiver will turn off
  • Once the LEDs on the front of the receiver come back on OR the first blue screen is displayed, whichever occurs first, enter this special code from your remote control: 0 2 4 6 8.
  • After a few more seconds, you should see a screen indicating that the 10-20 minute download cycle has started.

#138 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,636 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

To go back to 0x06DB you need to make sure it is in the stream - check this site http://www.redh.com/dtv/

• Restart your receiver. Using the remote control, select
    Menu -> Settings&Help -> Settings > Reset -> Restart Receiver ({DASH} to confirm)
  • When the reset process starts, the blue LEDs on the front of the receiver will turn off
  • Once the LEDs on the front of the receiver come back on OR the first blue screen is displayed, whichever occurs first, enter this special code from your remote control: 0 2 4 6 8.
  • After a few more seconds, you should see a screen indicating that the 10-20 minute download cycle has started.

Wow ... just when I'm ready to revert to the NR x068DB, the FW watcher site won't load now so I can make sure it's in the stream. :bang 

Anyone else having problems accessing the site? 

#139 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,455 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

is there really a way to go back? AFAIK, if DirecTV "locks you" with "X" version of FW, there is no way to get another version unless is CE of course
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#140 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,636 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

is there really a way to go back? AFAIK, if DirecTV "locks you" with "X" version of FW, there is no way to get another version unless is CE of course

Yes, it can revert to an earlier version;

As long as its the version in the stream at the time of the 0-2-4-6-8 initiated download. 

#141 OFFLINE   D_Art

D_Art

• Registered
  • 9 posts
  • LocationN. Calif.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

Freeze problem is back 1 sec of play then stops. Recorded programs can be fast forwarded (or 30 sec. skipped) through but will not play. Oddly though they will play fine through Directv2pc.  This is becoming very annoying.

update: doesn't seem to effect clients or h23 they play recordings fine. Just the h34/700.

Edited by D_Art, 06 August 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#142 OFFLINE   jacinkcmo

jacinkcmo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

Wow ... just when I'm ready to revert to the NR x068DB, the FW watcher site won't load now so I can make sure it's in the stream. :bang

Anyone else having problems accessing the site? 

As a matter of fact, I can't access it either right now.

HR44-500 w/ AM-21
HR24-200

#143 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,930 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

Fiber cut to where the server lives. Not sure when it will be back. Hopefully soon.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#144 OFFLINE   dod1450

dod1450

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

Update on the HDMI issue. After talking to my case manager he had mentioned that this is a bug and should be fix with the next release, 0x740, which should be out soon. I am looking forward to go back to HDMI.

HDR-24
HDR-34
AM-21N
ATT uverse internet

Genie Go

PGP: AD5A 96DC 7556 A020 B8E7 0E4D 5D5E 9BA5 C83E 8C92

#145 OFFLINE   dod1450

dod1450

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

Fiber cut to where the server lives. Not sure when it will be back. Hopefully soon.

This reminds me about 15 years ago when Sun Microsystems, HP, and other companies had no Internet connection. It was caused by rats that had chewed on the main cable at Stanford University facility.

Edited by dod1450, 08 August 2013 - 07:59 AM.

HDR-24
HDR-34
AM-21N
ATT uverse internet

Genie Go

PGP: AD5A 96DC 7556 A020 B8E7 0E4D 5D5E 9BA5 C83E 8C92

#146 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

must be a long roll out, still have not seen it on the genie

#147 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

They must have tweeked 0x0725.  Starting yesterday, when I press GUIDE, the red, green, and yellow buttons no longer appear on the bottom of the screen with the instructions on what they do.  Now instructions appear that tell me if I want to scroll forward 12 hours, I press the FFWD button, and if I want to scroll back 12 hours, I press the REWIND botton.  Anyone else?  BTW:  Anyone else still have problems with SCOREGUIDE?  I still get the SCOREGUIDE prompt when I tune to a sports channel only about half the time.  Also BTW:  Does anyone else's picture still freeze when you press the FFWD button?  Mine does about a third of the time.

#148 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,722 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

As to one question- the new remotes don't have the colored buttons, but they still work on the RC65 and earlier remotes, so the change is for that reason. 

Scoreguide works, but otoh, I don't tend to look for the prompt. And no freezing with FF here. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#149 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 17,387 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

They must have tweeked 0x0725. Starting yesterday, when I press GUIDE, the red, green, and yellow buttons no longer appear on the bottom of the screen with the instructions on what they do. Now instructions appear that tell me if I want to scroll forward 12 hours, I press the FFWD button, and if I want to scroll back 12 hours, I press the REWIND botton. Anyone else? BTW: Anyone else still have problems with SCOREGUIDE? I still get the SCOREGUIDE prompt when I tune to a sports channel only about half the time. Also BTW: Does anyone else's picture still freeze when you press the FFWD button? Mine does about a third of the time.

You should have seen those icon changes a year ago or more.

#150 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:16 AM

You should have seen those icon changes a year ago or more.

Nope, just saw them 2 days ago.  Colored buttons still appear on my HR23 and HR24 even though they got new (0x0736) (horrible) software 2 days ago.  BTW: I have had to RBR my HR34 twice in the last 2 days.  It froze up under the same circumstances each time, to wit: I tune to a sports channel.  No SCORE GUIDE appears.  I press GUIDE.  Of course the station I am already on is highlighted.  I press SELECT to get a full screen of the station I'm already on.  Normally, the SCORE GUIDE then appears.  Not the last two times.  Instead the HR34 froze up each time and needed an RBR. 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...