Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Genie 0x0725, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   D_Art

D_Art

• Registered
  • 9 posts
  • LocationN. Calif.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

Freeze problem is back 1 sec of play then stops. Recorded programs can be fast forwarded (or 30 sec. skipped) through but will not play. Oddly though they will play fine through Directv2pc.  This is becoming very annoying.

update: doesn't seem to effect clients or h23 they play recordings fine. Just the h34/700.

Edited by D_Art, 06 August 2013 - 09:13 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   jacinkcmo

jacinkcmo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

Wow ... just when I'm ready to revert to the NR x068DB, the FW watcher site won't load now so I can make sure it's in the stream. :bang

Anyone else having problems accessing the site? 

As a matter of fact, I can't access it either right now.

I grew up in a 3-channel world...and there's often still nothing on I want to watch!

HR44-500 w/ AM-21
HR24-200

#143 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,913 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

Fiber cut to where the server lives. Not sure when it will be back. Hopefully soon.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#144 OFFLINE   dod1450

dod1450

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

Update on the HDMI issue. After talking to my case manager he had mentioned that this is a bug and should be fix with the next release, 0x740, which should be out soon. I am looking forward to go back to HDMI.

HDR-24
HDR-34
AM-21N
ATT uverse internet

Genie Go

PGP: AD5A 96DC 7556 A020 B8E7 0E4D 5D5E 9BA5 C83E 8C92

#145 OFFLINE   dod1450

dod1450

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

Fiber cut to where the server lives. Not sure when it will be back. Hopefully soon.

This reminds me about 15 years ago when Sun Microsystems, HP, and other companies had no Internet connection. It was caused by rats that had chewed on the main cable at Stanford University facility.

Edited by dod1450, 08 August 2013 - 07:59 AM.

HDR-24
HDR-34
AM-21N
ATT uverse internet

Genie Go

PGP: AD5A 96DC 7556 A020 B8E7 0E4D 5D5E 9BA5 C83E 8C92

#146 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

must be a long roll out, still have not seen it on the genie

#147 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

They must have tweeked 0x0725.  Starting yesterday, when I press GUIDE, the red, green, and yellow buttons no longer appear on the bottom of the screen with the instructions on what they do.  Now instructions appear that tell me if I want to scroll forward 12 hours, I press the FFWD button, and if I want to scroll back 12 hours, I press the REWIND botton.  Anyone else?  BTW:  Anyone else still have problems with SCOREGUIDE?  I still get the SCOREGUIDE prompt when I tune to a sports channel only about half the time.  Also BTW:  Does anyone else's picture still freeze when you press the FFWD button?  Mine does about a third of the time.

#148 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,606 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

As to one question- the new remotes don't have the colored buttons, but they still work on the RC65 and earlier remotes, so the change is for that reason. 

Scoreguide works, but otoh, I don't tend to look for the prompt. And no freezing with FF here. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#149 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,776 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

They must have tweeked 0x0725. Starting yesterday, when I press GUIDE, the red, green, and yellow buttons no longer appear on the bottom of the screen with the instructions on what they do. Now instructions appear that tell me if I want to scroll forward 12 hours, I press the FFWD button, and if I want to scroll back 12 hours, I press the REWIND botton. Anyone else? BTW: Anyone else still have problems with SCOREGUIDE? I still get the SCOREGUIDE prompt when I tune to a sports channel only about half the time. Also BTW: Does anyone else's picture still freeze when you press the FFWD button? Mine does about a third of the time.

You should have seen those icon changes a year ago or more.

#150 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:16 AM

You should have seen those icon changes a year ago or more.

Nope, just saw them 2 days ago.  Colored buttons still appear on my HR23 and HR24 even though they got new (0x0736) (horrible) software 2 days ago.  BTW: I have had to RBR my HR34 twice in the last 2 days.  It froze up under the same circumstances each time, to wit: I tune to a sports channel.  No SCORE GUIDE appears.  I press GUIDE.  Of course the station I am already on is highlighted.  I press SELECT to get a full screen of the station I'm already on.  Normally, the SCORE GUIDE then appears.  Not the last two times.  Instead the HR34 froze up each time and needed an RBR. 

#151 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

Nope, just saw them 2 days ago.  Colored buttons still appear on my HR23 and HR24 even though they got new (0x0736) (horrible) software 2 days ago.  BTW: I have had to RBR my HR34 twice in the last 2 days.  It froze up under the same circumstances each time, to wit: I tune to a sports channel.  No SCORE GUIDE appears.  I press GUIDE.  Of course the station I am already on is highlighted.  I press SELECT to get a full screen of the station I'm already on.  Normally, the SCORE GUIDE then appears.  Not the last two times.  Instead the HR34 froze up each time and needed an RBR. 

My receiver did not freeze, HR24, but I have had the problem of the score guide not coming up. What I did was to press the channel up / down button and then come back to the channel. Does this still freeze your 34 ?

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#152 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Up/Down button is frozen.  Everything is frozen.  I Also still get a RED button when I press LIST.

#153 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,776 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Nope, just saw them 2 days ago. Colored buttons still appear on my HR23 and HR24 even though they got new (0x0736) (horrible) software 2 days ago. BTW: I have had to RBR my HR34 twice in the last 2 days. It froze up under the same circumstances each time, to wit: I tune to a sports channel. No SCORE GUIDE appears. I press GUIDE. Of course the station I am already on is highlighted. I press SELECT to get a full screen of the station I'm already on. Normally, the SCORE GUIDE then appears. Not the last two times. Instead the HR34 froze up each time and needed an RBR.

Those changes will only come to the genie and that means you had some really weird issue with updates on your system till now.

spam firewall