Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

776 Cabling Problem Error Message on receivers

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Hall Of Flame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,767 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

So, I take it you never tried post 17?

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   markman07

markman07

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

No I felt I was too far down the road to turn around and start over without trying a few other things first per other suggestions before I acted upon your suggestion. If I see any further issue with the rebooting of receivers then your plan is next! Back to square 1. Thanks. I'm thinking having one of my cables connected to the dc power pass on the splitter might have caused the reboots.

#23 OFFLINE   markman07

markman07

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

Well after a weekend of TV action it appears I have resolved my issue!   Thanks everyone for both educating me and your helpful suggestions!  I really appreciate it.  Great great resource this DBSTALK is!

#24 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,586 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

Well after a weekend of TV action it appears I have resolved my issue!   Thanks everyone for both educating me and your helpful suggestions!  I really appreciate it.  Great great resource this DBSTALK is!

Mind sharing your solution?

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#25 OFFLINE   markman07

markman07

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

Mind sharing your solution?

Sure  I essentially moved the Genie to to it's own SWM port - SW1 and then all the other connections went through the splitter connected to SW2 (which drives the 6 tuners/3 HDVRs and the DECA).    I then took my PI and connected it directly to the PWR port on the SWM.   My last issue after re-configuring the SWM setup was that I had inadvertently connected one of the cables on my spitter to the 'dc power pass' port which wasn't needed and actually caused my DVRs to reboot a few times.   Moved that cable to another open port on the splitter and since then things have been working swimmingly!   Couldn't have done it without the great folks here!

Edited by markman07, 24 July 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#26 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Using the Power Passing Port on your splitter shouldn't have caused the DVR's to reboot.  Although, I guess that anything is possible.

I just don't want other people to read this thread and think that they can only use 3 of the 4 outputs on a 4 way splitter because one of the outputs is a power passing port.

#27 OFFLINE   markman07

markman07

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Whatever the reason, I haven't any issues with rebooting since then. Not that it means anything but in my case it was a 8 port splitter not 4... Just for clarification.

spam firewall