Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Resume menu item?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gilroykilroy

gilroykilroy

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

When I first received my Hopper w/Sling a couple weeks back there was a "Resume" item in the recordings menu (but a lot of other stuff didn't work.) After a couple days the other stuff worked but the "Resume" item is gone. You have to resume a show by going to its info screen and selecting "Watch".

Any good reason the "Resume" was removed?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

Try highlighting the event and press PLAY and it should resume. There should also be a resume option in the drop down when you press select on the event. If you go into an folder with multiple events, if you have already started viewing it and stopped then you should see a play icon towards the top of the screen telling you that you can resume by pressing play.

#3 OFFLINE   gilroykilroy

gilroykilroy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

Try highlighting the event and press PLAY and it should resume. There should also be a resume option in the drop down when you press select on the event. If you go into an folder with multiple events, if you have already started viewing it and stopped then you should see a play icon towards the top of the screen telling you that you can resume by pressing play.

I just have More Info, Edit, Delete & Start Over in my drop down.

Further checking seems to reveal that this is in the My Folders view. I do see Resume in other views. Seems like a bug to me.

#4 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

I tried this on my Hopper and HWS and I see resume in the drop down options and if I press play while highlighting the event it resumes.

#5 OFFLINE   gilroykilroy

gilroykilroy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

I tried this on my Hopper and HWS and I see resume in the drop down options and if I press play while highlighting the event it resumes.

Did you try it on an item in a custom folder in the My Folders view? If it matters all my folders start with a number (to keep them sorted in a specific order.)

P.S. They did seem to fix the folder selection popup; it no longer gives an incorrect first item and blank second.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...