Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ESPN Gameplan Question

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dogs31

dogs31

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

My local team, Boise State University, has a game scheduled against Tennessee-Martin on Saturday September 7 at 1:00pm Mountain Time.  The game is supposed to be broadcast by ESPN3. Since, I live the Boise market, will Directv unblock GamePlan for this game or do I have to order it or listen to it on radio via 670 KBOI?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

My local team, Boise State University, has a game scheduled against Tennessee-Martin on Saturday September 7 at 1:00pm Mountain Time.  The game is supposed to be broadcast by ESPN3. Since, I live the Boise market, will Directv unblock GamePlan for this game or do I have to order it or listen to it on radio via 670 KBOI?

ESPN 3 and ESPN Game Plan are two different channels/services.  What is on one is not on the other.  Hope this helps.

Sandra

#3 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,919 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Check the listings closer to the game, usually local games are syndicated to a local station or RSN. ESPN Game Plan is just the out of market way to get games that are distributed by ESPN's syndication arm or produced by a local broadcaster.

Edited by KyL416, 18 July 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#4 ONLINE   mws192

mws192

Godfather

• Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

The game is an ESPN3 exclusive. It will not be sold to local networks. Per the new tv deal they can appear on espn3 twice a year.

http://blogs.idahost...state-football/

#5 OFFLINE   tigercat74

tigercat74

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

If is on ESPN3 you can watch on your computer or if you have an Xbox you can watch it on there.

#6 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 671 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

That will make people here in Boise angry as no local ISP carries ESPN3.

#7 ONLINE   mws192

mws192

Godfather

• Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

That will make people here in Boise angry as no local ISP carries ESPN3.

Which is precisely why ESPN put it in the contract, to force their hand.

#8 OFFLINE   dogs31

dogs31

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

I hope Clear wireless carries ESPN3.  That really stinks.  I might have to listen to the first two games on the radio since Fox Sports 1 has the first game.  We haven't gotten an update on negotiations with Fox Sports 1 yet.

#9 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

CableOne offers ESPN3.

#10 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

Is it Century Link in Boise? Because they will never pick up ESPN3. Pretty sure they have said as much.

#11 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

CenturyLink is the main telephone provider in Boise. You have to wonder if ESPN will force it on take ESPN3 as a condition to carry ESPN for its TV service available in limited areas.

#12 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

CenturyLink is the main telephone provider in Boise. You have to wonder if ESPN will force it on take ESPN3 as a condition to carry ESPN for its TV service available in limited areas.

That's the thing, though.  Centurylink isn't a TV provider, so financially it doesn't make any sense for them to agree to ESPN's terms to bundle ESPN3 and all of the ESPNs in one package since they can't provide a complete version of ESPN3 to their customers (one where you can watch the actual ESPN on ESPN3...other cable providers have TV as well which links into that deal).

This is going to be a disaster for Bronco fans in Boise if Fox Sports 1 doesn't get on DirecTV or Dish by week 1, because if that happens, they're going to miss the first TWO games of the season completely!

#13 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

Version and AT&T offer ESPN3 to its DSL subscribers independent of WatchESPN. CenturyLink is a TV provider as well. Most customers don't care about ESPN3, and if they did, you'd think the company wold have added it by now.

#14 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Version and AT&T offer ESPN3 to its DSL subscribers independent of WatchESPN. CenturyLink is a TV provider as well. Most customers don't care about ESPN3, and if they did, you'd think the company wold have added it by now.

I've never heard of a single person ever having CenturyLink TV.  And I'm pretty sure those independent ESPN3s that are offered cannot show the real ESPN on their systems unless you subscribe to both TV AND Cable for the same company.

#15 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

Version and AT&T offer ESPN3 to its DSL subscribers independent of WatchESPN. CenturyLink is a TV provider as well. Most customers don't care about ESPN3, and if they did, you'd think the company wold have added it by now.]\

They have CFL on now (TSN FEED) as for why they can't have this on An directv / dish channel? or have an TSN USA channel.

Edited by JoeTheDragon, 27 July 2013 - 08:39 PM.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#16 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,919 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:53 PM

I've never heard of a single person ever having CenturyLink TV.

Just because you never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist:
http://www.centurylink.com/prismtv

They have CFL on now (TSN FEED) as for why they can't have this on An directv / dish channel? or have an TSN USA channel.

ESPN3 only has the broaband rights to the CFL, the television rights are split between NBC Sports Network and ESPN2 which is getting 5 games.

Edited by KyL416, 27 July 2013 - 11:57 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

Just because you never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist:
http://www.centurylink.com/prismtv
ESPN3 only has the broaband rights to the CFL, the television rights are split between NBC Sports Network and ESPN2 which is getting 5 games.

just ESPN2 or can ESPN shift that to any open slot? be it ESPN , ESPN news if ESPN 2 is being used at the time for some other event that may run long / get bumped off of ESPN 1 to ESPN 2?

Edited by JoeTheDragon, 28 July 2013 - 09:55 AM.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...