Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fox Sports 1

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,127 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

OK, never mind, looked up via Google and set up a manual timer for 7:00 PM to 10:30 PM (CST) on 150. Hopefully that works, and I'll just check Fox Sports 1's website until they get the schedule fixed on Dish.

You might want to start a 5pm CST for the prelims if you want. At 4pm is a preshow, I believe.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#82 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,898 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

Yep... manual timers will be the only way to record stuff more than an hour or two out until Dish gets new data from Tribune... and it sure doesn't look like that is happening today.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#83 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,293 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

Then again ... the EPG is now fixed for current and next program. Forcing a download (or waiting until the early AM) should load the correct guide.

The channel name is still wrong ... but at least they did something for the EPG.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#84 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 735 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

This was announced a while ago.  You would have thought that Tribune would have corrected their listings before today.

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#85 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,293 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

This was announced a while ago.  You would have thought that Tribune would have corrected their listings before today.

DISH's carriage was only "announced" on Thursday?

The issue was on DISH's end ... pointing to channel "58508" (the old Speed HD) instead of "82541" (SD) or "82547" (HD) Fox Sports 1. It appears that DISH has now fixed that. But the way the EPG is loaded into the boxes most receivers won't see the guide until the nightly download (other than present and next program). DISH does not continuously update EPG on receivers other than present/next.
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#86 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

Dish has Fox Sports 2 in SD only.  That's going to be annoying when the FS1 college football games run long and the second game has to start on FS2 in SD only.  Come on over to DirecTV if you want it in HD.  But don't come to DirecTV if you want the Pac 12 Network...an annoying dilemma.

Still glad both providers at least have the channel now.

#87 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,293 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

We'll see how it goes ... FS 1 will have the prime content. A few minutes of SD during an overlap is not the worst thing.

It looks like my Speed timers for NASCAR transferred over to FS 1. That is good news. But for moving content (Fuel to FS 1, Fox Soccer to FS 1, etc) people should check and recreate their timers!

#88 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,898 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

I was out for a while... came back and I see better EPG data.  I checked out through Monday evening, didn't go any further than that to see, but it all looked better to me so that's a pleasant surprise.

#89 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

If FS1 is supposed to be a competitor of ESPN, they better get it moved to AT120 ASAP - I'll not upgrade my package just to see it.

• CeeWoo likes this
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#90 OFFLINE   Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

I just hope they change the name soon, seeing SpeedHD there is annoying.

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500

#91 OFFLINE   Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

The issue was on DISH's end ... pointing to channel "58508" (the old Speed HD) instead of "82541" (SD) or "82547" (HD) Fox Sports 1. It appears that DISH has now fixed that. But the way the EPG is loaded into the boxes most receivers won't see the guide until the nightly download (other than present and next program). DISH does not continuously update EPG on receivers other than present/next.

There are two different sites reporting today that a deal was not reached, they just agreed to carry the channels while talks were still ongoing. I hope Dish does not pull some crap here.

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500

#92 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 735 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

True, but the EPG was showing the schedule for Speed when it didn't exist anymore.  I don't see how Tribune could have guide data for a channel that doesn't exist.  You would think it would at least say "To be announced."

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#93 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,293 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

True, but the EPG was showing the schedule for Speed when it didn't exist anymore.  I don't see how Tribune could have guide data for a channel that doesn't exist.  You would think it would at least say "To be announced."

Earlier this week the intent was to have Speed continue in a stripped down form, airing six hour rerun blocks that would change each day. This was intended to fulfill Fox's agreement with DISH, DirecTV and other providers to provide a "motor sports channel". The programs in that guide were posted on the Tribune data driven "Zap2It" as well as in the DISH EPG.

The data was for what Speed was going to become. Fortunately Fox agreed to allow carriers with contracts for Speed to carry Fox Sports 1 in its place.

#94 OFFLINE   Cable Lover

Cable Lover

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

So far, I am really enjoying the FS1 channel. Hopefully we will eventually get the FS2 in HD.

RIP Insight.

#95 OFFLINE   Cable Lover

Cable Lover

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

In case anyone was wondering about the ratings for FS1:

http://www.sbnation....ports-1-ratings

RIP Insight.

#96 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Names for the two fox sports channels have been changed in the guide display.

#97 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,293 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

Finally ... It is a shame that DISH didn't have a smooth release (name changes Saturday morning and correct EPG). But at least the programming was there (if that was in their control).

#98 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,898 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

Only thing left is for 922/Hopper/Joey customers to get the channel icons for the EPG.

It looks weird now to see FOXS1 with the SPEEDHD logo :)

#99 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

OK, I'm officially burnt out from an overdose of UFC

#100 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,898 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Not a fan of fighting in general (UFC, Boxing, fighting in Hockey, etc.) and also despite being born and raised in the south, virtually in the heart of NASCAR country... I care very little about racing...  so there was a lot of programming for me to ignore.

Their version of "Sportscenter" felt like they were trying too hard.  To be fair, look back at old clips from when ESPN launched back in the day and they took a while to get the ball rolling... so I can give a pass somewhat to FS1...  but it looks like they want you to think "we are better than ESPN" while simultaneously trying their hardest to BE ESPN.   That seems like a recipe for disaster.  What helped FOX way back in the day with their NFL broadcasts when they bought that and scooped it out from CBS... was that they didn't try to be CBS or NBC... they did their own thing and innovated.

I watched "Crowd Goes Wild" today... and it was a little painful to watch.  I felt bad for Regis... and most of the show was just cringeworthy.  ATH and PTI are on vacation this week from ESPN, but I don't see this as a challenge to the 5pm timeslot once those shows come back next week.

FS1 needs to be FS1... and not try to be the new ESPN.  I would rather seem them try their own thing and find their own way than trying to ape what they think people like about ESPN.

• CeeWoo likes this

Protected By... spam firewall...And...