Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fox Sports 1

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   JYW10

JYW10

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Will FS1 and FS2 be available in HD anytime soon? Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,762 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

FS 1 is already available in HD. FS 2 is not carried in HD on DISH.

BTW: I see logos today. Yesterday the logos were blank, today they are correct.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#103 OFFLINE   JYW10

JYW10

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

FS 1 is already available in HD. FS 2 is not carried in HD on DISH.

BTW: I see logos today. Yesterday the logos were blank, today they are correct.

Oh I see, thanks. Also, any possibilities FS1 drops to the AT120 or AT120+? Don't see how they can compete with ESPN without doing so.

#104 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,604 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

FS1/2 getting to lower tiers will be entirely dependent on how they do in the ratings by the time their contract comes up for renewal.  You can be sure FS1/2 wanted to be in a lower tier but nobody (Dish, DirecTV, Time Warner in particular) was willing to sign them up... so they essentially agreed to take the current deals in place for Speed and Fuel and negotiate again later.

• JYW10 likes this

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#105 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

So is there any word on availability of Speed content on other channels? I checked the guide and didn't see much speed content on FS1 or FS2. I am specifically referring to non-nascar automotive content such as Pinks, Pass-Time, Top Gear, etc...

#106 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,604 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

While I don't know for sure...  since FOX is replacing Speed and Fuel with FS1 and FS2... I have to assume that they will keep their higher rated/popular programming from Speed/Fuel BUT that there will likely be some casualties to make room for the other sport coverage on the new channels.

#107 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,762 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

I thought some of that stuff was moving to the other reality/sports channels. (I can't remember which, but I'm thinking Spike, TruTV or something along that line.)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#108 OFFLINE   JYW10

JYW10

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

FS1/2 getting to lower tiers will be entirely dependent on how they do in the ratings by the time their contract comes up for renewal.  You can be sure FS1/2 wanted to be in a lower tier but nobody (Dish, DirecTV, Time Warner in particular) was willing to sign them up... so they essentially agreed to take the current deals in place for Speed and Fuel and negotiate again later.

Any idea when "later" might be? I have no idea when their contracts end.

#109 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,604 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

Any idea when "later" might be? I have no idea when their contracts end.

I actually don't know.  Since I wasn't a follower of Speed/Fuel before I had no reason to be interested... but now I wish I did know, because I will have more interest in FS1/2 than I did in the channels they replaced.  My gut says no shorter than 6 months, but maybe no longer than a year... but that's just a guess.

• JYW10 likes this

#110 OFFLINE   JYW10

JYW10

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

This is a random question, but which service costs more, the AT250 or AT120+ with Multi Sports Pack? Not sure which to get with my contract running down.

#111 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,604 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

Without looking, I have to think AT250 costs more... but of course it doesn't have all the RSNs that you'd get with multisport.

• JYW10 likes this

#112 OFFLINE   sregener

sregener

Godfather

• Registered
  • 592 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

$4 less for AT120+ w/ Multi-Sport.  And Stewart is right, it's a different mix of channels.

• JYW10 likes this

#113 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:11 AM

I have to say that FS1 was NOT a good replacement for Speed. Seems to be mostly FOX sports live, some NASCAR and a bunch of football and UFC stuff. I think there was already enough football on other channels, we didn't need another football channel. It was nice having automotive programming all in one place.

#114 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

Many are qualifying for the 1/2 off Sports Pack deal which would make 120+ about $9.50 less. But as noted you are talking about two very different packages.

Edited by tampa8, 31 August 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#115 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,125 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

I have to say that FS1 was NOT a good replacement for Speed. Seems to be mostly FOX sports live, some NASCAR and a bunch of football and UFC stuff. I think there was already enough football on other channels, we didn't need another football channel. It was nice having automotive programming all in one place.

Actually part if the point is they are pulling a lot of football and latter baseball and so on to this one channel and clearing up the others.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#116 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Actually part if the point is they are pulling a lot of football and latter baseball and so on to this one channel and clearing up the others.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

And that leaves customers that liked Speed and non-nascar automotive content where???

#117 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,762 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Subscribing to AT250 (or AT120+) to get Fuel (FS2).

The "filler" motorsports content is about the only thing that cannot be found.

#118 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,125 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

And that leaves customers that liked Speed and non-nascar automotive content where???

It should also be mostly spread among the two new fs channels.  Just less repeats. As far as the auxilary stuff, I dont know, but Ill bet it ends up on other channels like fxx.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...