Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Looking to replace HR24 with HR44. Do I need new dish/lnb's too?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   St8kout

St8kout

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

And nothing says you can't get the Genie and then use an external drive. The Genies can even handle 3TB drives.

- Merg

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

Yeah I know.

There's so many other gadget/toys I'm looking to buy,

but unlike our current government I try to keep my spending under control :grin:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   LazloToth

LazloToth

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

I currently have DirecTV service and one HR20-100 and one HR20-700. There are 4 cables coming off of my roof that feed directly into the receivers. I do not currently have a SWM LNB or a SWM Mult-Switch.

DirecTV wants to give me a Genie for free but I do not want them to install it. I want to return the HR10-100 and move the HR20-700 to my cabin. (Will it work at a second location?). What hardware will I need to get the Genie HR44 working? Do I need one of these: DIRECTV SWM 5LNB SLIMELINE KA/KU SL5

#43 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,975 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

I currently have DirecTV service and one HR20-100 and one HR20-700. There are 4 cables coming off of my roof that feed directly into the receivers. I do not currently have a SWM LNB or a SWM Mult-Switch.

DirecTV wants to give me a Genie for free but I do not want them to install it. I want to return the HR10-100 and move the HR20-700 to my cabin. (Will it work at a second location?). What hardware will I need to get the Genie HR44 working? Do I need one of these: DIRECTV SWM 5LNB SLIMELINE KA/KU SL5

Are you planning to be watching both locations at the same time?
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#44 OFFLINE   LazloToth

LazloToth

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

What are my options?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...