Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Free MLB Extra Innings this week, BUT...

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Cyber36

Cyber36

Legend

• Registered
  • 274 posts
  • LocationByron NY

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

Really enjoyed the Reds vs. Pirates game yesterday. Had no issues with programming over the weekend......

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

I'm not getting the Mix Channel either -- but I assumed it's because I have the Entertainment package, which doesn't include my RSNs, which normally cover the Reds/Cubs/White Sox.

In other words, I assume that they don't want me to do an end around and pick up the Reds on the Mix Channel.

#23 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,694 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

Does anyone know why D* doesn't remap the WGN HD feed to the 700's? They only remap the SD feed.

#24 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

Does anyone know why D* doesn't remap the WGN HD feed to the 700's? They only remap the SD feed.

Is it WGN A or WGN 9 feed?

WGN 9 SD is some time is used for NHL CI and maybe some NBA LP games.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#25 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'm not getting the Mix Channel either -- but I assumed it's because I have the Entertainment package, which doesn't include my RSNs, which normally cover the Reds/Cubs/White Sox.

In other words, I assume that they don't want me to do an end around and pick up the Reds on the Mix Channel.

No, it's their yearly free promotion. They do it at the beginning of the season and after the All Star Break, sometimes towards the end of the season. Everybody is supposed to be able to get it. It makes it a lot easier to find what channels the games are on. You can see the Reds on the Mix Channel but if you're in their territory, when you try to go to the game on, say 725-1, it will be blacked out because you can watch it on the RSN. That's what happens with me. I can see Braves or Nats or Orioles on the Mix Channel but I can watch the game on the Extra Innings channel, which is just a simulcast of the RSN channel anyway.

There's no excuse for Directv offering this "free preview" and then not turning it on. As of yesterday they were still advertising it. Either they never intended to give the free preview or else their techs are incredibly incompetent.

Edited by mystic7, 22 July 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#26 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

I understand completely that it's the free preview, I understand blackouts, and I am already a fan of the Mix channel. That doesn't change what I said at all.

I used to get the Mix channel during the free previews. But I'm not getting it this time. The only difference now is that I downgraded to the Entertainment package a few weeks ago. I don't get Reds games on FSN anymore because of the downgrade. Perhaps I don't get the Mix channel this time because I don't have the minimum available package to get RSNs, so they don't want me to watch the games on the Mix channel instead of upgrading.

What base package do you have? If you have something higher than Entertainment, then perhaps there really is a problem, and perhaps you (and possibly I) should be getting the Mix channel.

Edited by renbutler, 22 July 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   Bradman

Bradman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Looks like we need to call the Waaahmbulance. You're getting all of the games for 2 weeks free,but not the mix channel.

Is it that tough to look at the programming guide or use the red button scoreguide? It's like complaining about a free meal that didn't come with dessert.

#28 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,314 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Looks like we need to call the Waaahmbulance. You're getting all of the games for 2 weeks free,but not the mix channel.

Is it that tough to look at the programming guide or use the red button scoreguide? It's like complaining about a free meal that didn't come with dessert.

That's not very nice.  It might have been free but what would make him want to order it if the thing he was most interested in was not working and he wasn't sure it was supposed to on the free preview?  Spending that kind of money for a sports package, I would want to make sure I was getting what I wanted as well.  During a free preview, why wouldn't everything work?

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#29 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

+1000 

:righton:

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#30 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,694 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

Is it WGN A or WGN 9 feed?

WGN 9 SD is some time is used for NHL CI and maybe some NBA LP games.

The SD feed I saw in the 700's the past few days have been the same feed as 307.

#31 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

+1000 

:righton:

Yeah, you know where you can stick your thumb, peds.

What joshjr said. The PURPOSE of the FREE PREVIEW is to entice people to sign up for MLB EI, is it NOT? Plus their commercial specifically mentions the Mix channel! 

Renbutler, I have Choice Extra but it doesn't matter. Even if you're only getting locals the point of the free preview is to get you to upgrade your package. Do you not get free HBO/Showtime/Cinemax when they do a free preview promotion for those channels?

Peds next time you go to a fast food restaurant and your kid doesn't get his/her "free" Transformers action figure I want to see how silent you remain about it.

#32 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

Renbutler, I have Choice Extra but it doesn't matter. Even if you're only getting locals the point of the free preview is to get you to upgrade your package. Do you not get free HBO/Showtime/Cinemax when they do a free preview promotion for those channels?

I wasn't disputing you. If you have Choice Xtra, you should be getting the Gamemix. Perhaps I should be getting it too, even with Entertainment.

I'll be upgrading to Choice today or tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see if Gamemix works for me after that.

Edited by renbutler, 23 July 2013 - 07:49 AM.

#33 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

What joshjr said. The PURPOSE of the FREE PREVIEW is to entice people to sign up for MLB EI, is it NOT? Plus their commercial specifically mentions the Mix channel! 

Peds next time you go to a fast food restaurant and your kid doesn't get his/her "free" Transformers action figure I want to see how silent you remain about it.

Some packages do not get all the free previews.  Sometimes its due to content on the channel.  Consider this:  A family that wants a very basic family-friendly package because they have children and choose to not have the more adult programming available in their home.  Are you really comparing your whining to that of a child?

#34 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,483 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Can we not just agree that it is a glitch that the Mix Channel doesn't show up for some/many/all during the free preview of the baseball channels? And that it'd be a more effective promo if it were....... And then let it go? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#35 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

I wasn't disputing you. If you have Choice Xtra, you should be getting the Gamemix. Perhaps I should be getting it too, even with Entertainment.

I'll be upgrading to Choice today or tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see if Gamemix works for me after that.

I know you weren't.

#36 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

Some packages do not get all the free previews.  Sometimes its due to content on the channel.  Consider this:  A family that wants a very basic family-friendly package because they have children and choose to not have the more adult programming available in their home.  Are you really comparing your whining to that of a child?

I'm sure you can always find an obscure scenario to disprove my point. And no, I was comparing my griping about not getting a "free" preview with peds reaction if his hypothetical kid was deprived of his "free" toy, not the kid himself.

Edited by mystic7, 23 July 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#37 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Yeap, I now in yours.... !rolling

Perhaps the missing mix channel is to entice you that if you get the package you WILL get the mix channel.

BTW, my son is grown up already and he was never keen of the toy in a "happy meal" because we never ate at those restaurants!

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#38 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

Mix now working and it has strike zone and an rogers feed.

But strike zone wants like 34 dollars to view full screen.

Edited by JoeTheDragon, 23 July 2013 - 07:34 PM.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#39 OFFLINE   swyman18

swyman18

Legend

• Registered
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

Mix now working and it has strike zone and an rogers feed.

But strike zone wants like 34 dollars to view full screen.

I also noticed StrikeZone channel is asking for 34 dollars. I'm an EI subscriber and I've been getting it at no extra charge until now.

Tried a reauthorize, no luck.

#40 OFFLINE   swyman18

swyman18

Legend

• Registered
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

I also noticed StrikeZone channel is asking for 34 dollars. I'm an EI subscriber and I've been getting it at no extra charge until now.

Tried a reauthorize, no luck.

StrikeZone channel is working now.

spam firewall