Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish NW-worst compnay to work for?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PBowie

PBowie

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

Read in Huff Po that D*   is the worst company to work for as voted by its employees on Glassdoor.com  

Wonder what Charlie thinks ?

although he's probably not bothered,  Multi millionaires rarely  have concerns about the Plebs...

didn't see my company in there :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Rainbird42

Rainbird42

• Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

Dish as been on this list for years. Nothing changes and management doesn't really care.

#3 OFFLINE   eisberg

eisberg

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

I work for Dish. After that report came out, Joe Clayton, CEO of Dish, took it seriously, and had got with a third party company to create an anonymous survey for all employees to take. later , he gave us the results, and future plans as a result of that survey. Little by little we are seeing changes that help moral. The moral in my office is at an all time high now, we have seen lots of good changes. One of the biggest changes is getting bonus money for working on Thanksgiving/Christmas day, before the change we would just get normal pay for working those holidays, now we get paid an extra $100 for those days, which tend to only last 4-5 hours.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,424 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

I never know what to make of these surveys...  Sometimes I feel like they are akin to walking into a hospital waiting room and taking a poll to see how people think the hospital is doing... my guess is the hospital would not score well in that poll.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,213 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

That old story again? We had two threads about it in January. There always seems to be some "reporter" doing a copy/paste job to "write" something for some online rag.

Posting the same surveys over and over isn't news.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

spam firewall