Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Setup question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tigercat74

tigercat74

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

I have a question about my setup.  I have 3 HR24s installed on a deca network and a swm odu power inserter.  The deca adapter is in one room with a HR24 along with my DSL modem.  The power inserter is in another room with another HR24.  I wanted to move my DSL modem to another room so I could plug in some of my wireless devices directly to it.  I thought I could just switch the network adapter and the power inserter and it would work but when I did that I got a receiver could not communicate with dish error code 775.  I moved them back to there normal location and everything worked fine.  Does anybody know what I could have did wrong and what I need to do to get this to work.  Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,596 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:09 AM

The PI must follow the power passing path on the splitters all the way to the dish. IOW, each splitter has one power passing port (red insert) this is where the PI must connect. you can either find which cable feeds the PI now and the DECA BB and swap them, or you can use the signal to IRD port on the splitter and terminate the unused cable
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   tigercat74

tigercat74

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

Would the power passing port that the PI has to be connected to on the outside splitter? Thanks for your quick reply.

#4 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,923 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

Would the power passing port that the PI has to be connected to on the outside splitter? Thanks for your quick reply.

If that "outside" splitter is the only one in the path between the PI and the dish ODU, yes 

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#5 OFFLINE   tigercat74

tigercat74

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

Would the connection outside be marked different or would I just have to follow the cable from the PI? Sorry about the outside splitter description but there is a splitter to the one HR24 where the DECA adapter is located. Once again, thanks for the quick reply.

#6 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

Would the connection outside be marked different or would I just have to follow the cable from the PI? Sorry about the outside splitter description but there is a splitter to the one HR24 where the DECA adapter is located. Once again, thanks for the quick reply.

Yes it will have a red line pointing to it indicating the power passing port. And if you disconnect the cable to that port it will have a red colored insert as opposed to all the other splitter ports. 

#7 OFFLINE   tigercat74

tigercat74

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for all your help. I found the red port on my splitter. So just to be sure, whichever cable run has the PI in it, has to be connected to the red port of the splitter. You guys are the best to help.

#8 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

Thanks for all your help. I found the red port on my splitter. So just to be sure, whichever cable run has the PI in it, has to be connected to the red port of the splitter. You guys are the best to help.

Yes, any time the PI is located somewhere after the SWiM splitter(s) it must be connected to the coax runs on the DC power passing port(s) in order to reach all the way back up to the SWiM LNB on the dish ODU arm, since all the other ports on the splitter block DC power. 

Edited by HoTat2, 21 July 2013 - 09:41 AM.

spam firewall