Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

This seems weird to me

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cavicchi

Cavicchi

Legend

• Registered
  • 400 posts
  • LocationEffort, PA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

I called DTV and inquired about getting TV and phone package. Since DTV offers Verizon for the phone, and I had Verizon in the past, all cable now, I thought it would be a simple matter to get connected. However, the DTV person, and I tried with 3 different people, told me phone service with Verizon is not available in my area! He tried many times and it came up no service available. I have had Verizon phone service at my present location in the past, same phone number.

I went to Verizon's website and saw a fantastic deal of DTV and phone service, so I went through most of the process. There was no problem for me to get phone service with Verizon, had them in the past. There is no doubt they service my area.

I wanted this to go through DTV but now left with no choice other than Verizon because of cost difference. The significant difference is either DTV + Phone with Verizon + Internet with cable, or TV with DTV and phone + Internet with my cable company. Difference being $25 dollars a month. I would really enjoy switching phone to Verizon, so that plus cost makes it sweet.

The weird part is why can't I get Verizon for phone service from DTV?!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 876 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

Im pretty sure DTV has agreements-bundle plans with phone/internet providers by the area so they must not have one for your area although service through Verizon is available.

#3 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

I called DTV and inquired about getting TV and phone package. Since DTV offers Verizon for the phone, and I had Verizon in the past, all cable now, I thought it would be a simple matter to get connected. However, the DTV person, and I tried with 3 different people, told me phone service with Verizon is not available in my area! He tried many times and it came up no service available. I have had Verizon phone service at my present location in the past, same phone number.

I went to Verizon's website and saw a fantastic deal of DTV and phone service, so I went through most of the process. There was no problem for me to get phone service with Verizon, had them in the past. There is no doubt they service my area.

I wanted this to go through DTV but now left with no choice other than Verizon because of cost difference. The significant difference is either DTV + Phone with Verizon + Internet with cable, or TV with DTV and phone + Internet with my cable company. Difference being $25 dollars a month. I would really enjoy switching phone to Verizon, so that plus cost makes it sweet.

The weird part is why can't I get Verizon for phone service from DTV?!

You're probably in the Chicago Cubs  blackout area . . . 

:eek2:

#4 OFFLINE   Cavicchi

Cavicchi

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 400 posts
  • LocationEffort, PA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

Im pretty sure DTV has agreements-bundle plans with phone/internet providers by the area so they must not have one for your area although service through Verizon is available.

They do, they have Verizon and Verizon services my area. This doesn't make any sense to me at all. When I put in my address on Verizon's website, they came up with different variations of my address. I told that to DTV and had them try various combinations, none worked.

Edited by Cavicchi, 21 July 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,314 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Have you tried calling Verizon and see if the can bundle DirecTV  with their services?

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#6 OFFLINE   Cavicchi

Cavicchi

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 400 posts
  • LocationEffort, PA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Have you tried calling Verizon and see if the can bundle DirecTV  with their services?

I can do the bundle on Verizon's website, DTV and Verizon phone. I'd rather do it with DTV, but since that appears impossible, I'll do it with Verizon.

#7 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,741 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

Seems like there are two possibilities:

1) There is a computer error in DirecTv's system that is failing to find the package available in your area.

2) The contract with Verizon that covers your area allows Verizon to resell DirecTV service but not vice versa.

Personally, I'd bet it is #1.

Dish Network Customer from 1998-2001
DirecTV Customer since October, 2001
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
DirecTV: HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / C41-500 / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

FiOS: 2 Tivo Roamio Pros (6 TB total) / 5 Tivo Minis attached via MOCA

#8 OFFLINE   Cavicchi

Cavicchi

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 400 posts
  • LocationEffort, PA

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

Seems like there are two possibilities:

1) There is a computer error in DirecTv's system that is failing to find the package available in your area.

2) The contract with Verizon that covers your area allows Verizon to resell DirecTV service but not vice versa.

Personally, I'd bet it is #1.

There must be an error somewhere because Verizon phone service is available to me at my location. I tried with a few different DTV people and they check and say it comes up no Verizon phone service in my area. DTV is not saying it is a package issue, just no phone service from Verizon available.

It could be an issue with Verizon's database. When I checked Verizon's website and put in my address, up came a bunch of addresses to choose from. Many were very similar to mine, same house and street number, very odd. Some had my town shown as my township!

#9 OFFLINE   Cavicchi

Cavicchi

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 400 posts
  • LocationEffort, PA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

I did the bundle with Verizon and today received an email to contact them. Turns out I don't qualify for the bundle because I had DTV within the past 2 years. When I called DTV, they had no problem offering me all kinds of discounts, but when I told them I needed the phone bundle, I was told DTV will tell Verizon not to do it--because of that 2-year thing. However, on Verizon's website it says "not for existing customers." I didn't see anything about 2 years.

Anyway, long story made short, I'll stick with my cable company.

spam firewall