Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

cinemax missing

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

my neighbor told me they were able to add cinemax for a non-promotional price of 6.50.  after logging in to their account, sure enough, there it is, cinemax for 6.50.   i logged into my own account to add it and cinemax is nowhere to be found.  its like it doesnt exist.  since i recently added hbo i thought cinemax might have been added already since it wasnt listed for me to activate, but its not showing up on tv or my account.   anyone know whats going on with the price change & why its not showing up in my account?   never seen this before....

Edited by JcT21, 21 July 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   vbush

vbush

AllStar

• Registered
  • 70 posts
  • LocationTexas (Tyler DMA)

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

It is showing $6.50 in mine and doesn't say promotional.
Slimline (SWM) > HR 44-500 > WVBR0-01 > C41W-500 + HR 24-200 (AM-21) = (Whole Home DVR) Ultimate + HD Extra Pack + HBO + Showtime + Protection Plan<p>

#3 OFFLINE   sswheeler

sswheeler

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

When you click to activate, it pops up and says half price for 3 months.

HR44-700/AM21

C41

HR21-200
R22-100(HD)
H25-100
D12-100

D12-100
SWM 16
AU9

Exede Internet (Cuz I live in the country and can't get anything else)

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,306 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Perhaps time to call DirecTV and see if they have the offer for you.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

logged in using the directv app and cinemax still not there.  while logged out, i can go to the cinemax section on directv webstie and go to activate it, when i login to activate it says im not eleigible for this service.   why would that be?  i called directv and the csr said she couldnt activate it on my account and couldnt figure out why.  however as a test, she changed my package to the premier and it worked but that was the only way.  she said it would be escalated.  anyone had this happen?   all the other services they offer show up just fine.   i made a correction to my op.  it is 6.50... sorry for the typo...

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

#6 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

What programming package do you have?  It is possible you may have a very basic packages that may not be eligible for Cinemax.  Maybe something like family or entertainment?  Just a WAG.

#7 OFFLINE   spartacvs

spartacvs

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

It is showing $6.50 in mine and doesn't say promotional.

Same here

#8 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:06 AM

What programming package do you have?  It is possible you may have a very basic packages that may not be eligible for Cinemax.  Maybe something like family or entertainment?  Just a WAG.

i have xtra with hbo & hd extra pack.    i checked it again this morning, gonna try to take advantage of that special offer but its still not showing up.   back last winter i had an issue where some of my subscribed channels were grayed out in the guide and not showing any programming.  took them about a week to fix it. they said they had to "rebuild my account from the ground up" ... what in the world could have caused that? i was thinking whatever it was might have something to do with this cinemax issue.

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

#9 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

also, since i sub to HBO i thought that each additional premium i subscribe to would get cheaper.  just noticed that starz & showtime are regular price and not a 2nd premium price.  did directv change that or is the additional premium discount still offered?

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

#10 OFFLINE   Blurayfan

Blurayfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

also, since i sub to HBO i thought that each additional premium i subscribe to would get cheaper. just noticed that starz & showtime are regular price and not a 2nd premium price. did directv change that or is the additional premium discount still offered?

The price does go down for each additional premium. Only exception is HBO it will be full price and your existing premiums will decrease when adding HBO.

Slimlin-5 with SWM16
HR44-700 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 4.0 TB
HR24-500 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 2.0 TB
HR21-700 with DECA adapter for network
Network: Netgear R7000
Internet: Comcast 105/20

#11 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

Usually what has happened is you recently had a 2 for 1 offer that has not dropped off yet.  Even after the promotion ends sometimes the 2 for 1 does not come back immediately.  On their website, go to my equipment and to the bottom.  Sometimes you can see some offers there that have not fallen off yet.  Sometimes its specific for the premiums and others its just generic but you can tell its a promo.  See mine attached.

Other.jpg

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#12 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Usually what has happened is you recently had a 2 for 1 offer that has not dropped off yet.  Even after the promotion ends sometimes the 2 for 1 does not come back immediately.  On their website, go to my equipment and to the bottom.  Sometimes you can see some offers there that have not fallen off yet.  Sometimes its specific for the premiums and others its just generic but you can tell its a promo.  See mine attached.

attachicon.gifOther.jpg

you are prob right.  i did take a cinemax  2 for 1 offer a few months ago and even though its ended, i looked & it still hasnt fallen off my account yet.  thats most likely the problem.   thank you for your help!

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

#13 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

you are prob right.  i did take a cinemax  2 for 1 offer a few months ago and even though its ended, i looked & it still hasnt fallen off my account yet.  thats most likely the problem.   thank you for your help!

Keep checking on it as it will drop off soon and the 2 for 1 can be added back.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

Protected By... spam firewall...And...