Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Lost my spell checker

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 20,194 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

I went to Chrome help and I did what it said to do to enable spell checking and it now works, both the spell and grammar checkers now work.

Glad Harsh asked that question.

Rich

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 ONLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,325 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

To correct the problem right click on the text, choose Language and select English dictionary.  It's that simple, i guess by default it is not chosen and IP.Board triggers some oddness with Firefox.

This was discovered right out of the gates when the transition was engaged. Another one of those things that made it past the testers that makes you go huh.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#23 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,724 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

Add me to the Me Too of the Mozilla FireFox Spell Checker not working.

FF v23 was giving problems. Had to do a wipe clean re-install. That cause me to lose the Spell Checker on this forum.

I remembered there was a simple answer, but had no idea where it was. This post should make my next time a little easier.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#24 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,171 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

Add me to the Me Too of the Mozilla FireFox Spell Checker not working.

FF v23 was giving problems. Had to do a wipe clean re-install. That cause me to lose the Spell Checker on this forum.

I remembered there was a simple answer, but had no idea where it was. This post should make my next time a little easier.

If you reinstalled Firefox you need to:.

Go to Options, Advanced and check the box for Check my spelling as I type.

Then,

When you are typing in a reply, Right click and then go to Languages on the pop up menu and choose English. It should work then.

Edited by jimmie57, 24 August 2013 - 05:40 AM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#25 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 20,194 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

You'd think the companies that design the software upgrades could do something that would cause the spell checkers to remain as they were before the upgrades.  How hard can that be?

Rich 

#26 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,171 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

You'd think the companies that design the software upgrades could do something that would cause the spell checkers to remain as they were before the upgrades.  How hard can that be?

Rich 

I think they do, but, he said he did a wipe and reinstall. That would be like brand new instead of an upgrade.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#27 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 20,194 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

I think they do, but, he said he did a wipe and reinstall. That would be like brand new instead of an upgrade.

When I lost my Chrome spell checker I think it happened right after a Windows upgrade.  I dunno.  Not a big deal now that I know how to fix it.

Rich 

spam firewall