Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Earth as seen from Saturn

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,726 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

http://www.jpl.nasa....php?id=PIA17171

Good timing to come out when the new Cosmos trailer is released, but these pictures were just taken a few days ago from Saturn.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,761 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

I can't find the Moon...

• damondlt likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

I think i see it not sure though!

#4 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,379 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

I have an earlier picture from Cassini of Saturn and rings with the Earth as a single green pixel as my desktop.

And I felt severely insignificant when I sailed the Atlantic on a 42' sailboat in 1988.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#5 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,859 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

I have an earlier picture from Cassini of Saturn and rings with the Earth as a single green pixel as my desktop.

And I felt severely insignificant when I sailed the Atlantic on a 42' sailboat in 1988.

That’s an impressive picture. I downloaded and blew it up and you can kinda see a light couple of pixels next to the Earth. That might be the Moon.

Either way, it’s a very cool picture. :)

Some of the best views of the night sky I’ve ever seen was from the bridge of my submarine in the middle of the Atlantic. With the nearest light several thousand miles away the stars were like a blanket in the sky. As a kid from north Jersey, I had no idea you could see so many stars in the night sky.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#6 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,379 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

While we saw amazing things on the 1998 sailing trip, nothing compares to the first night I walked up on deck in July, 2005, in the Galapagos Islands. 

The Milky Way was just like Mickey Mouse threw all those stars up in the beginning of Disney.  Billions and Billions . . . (thanks, Carl)

There were some international crew that said they had never seen a star . . too hazy.

Scary.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

spam firewall