Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Don't need a CCK

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,777 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

Got HR44 installed yesterday. I do have two-way splitter and power inserter. So do I simply use coax from wall straight to HR44 and do not use two-way splitter, power inserter and DECA? Makes sense to have ethernet from wall directly to HR44. Just figuring out coax and then will redo set up.

No, you still need the power inserter. you can use the "signal to IRD" port on the PI. I would use a 7 or 8 feet coax jumper though as to prevent issues with the DC cap on the PI

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   ttown

ttown

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

No, you still need the power inserter. you can use the "signal to IRD" port on the PI. I would use a 7 or 8 feet coax jumper though as to prevent issues with the DC cap on the PI

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

Sounds good. Right now I have one coax from wall going to PI (marked as SWM 2-way splitter/dc power pass). This coax goes to "power to SWM" port on PI. Then I have one coax using "signal to IRD" port  that is connected to SWM splitter. Off splitter I have one coax to DECA and one coax to HR44. If I understand correctly, I simply remove coax from splitter to DECA, terminate, and keep the other coax from splitter to HR44? I read this from someone else's post. Or can I simply remove SWM 2-way splitter and have one coax from "signal to IRD" directly to HR44?

#23 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,254 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Sounds good. Right now I have one coax from wall going to PI (marked as SWM 2-way splitter/dc power pass). This coax goes to "power to SWM" port on PI. Then I have one coax using "signal to IRD" port  that is connected to SWM splitter. Off splitter I have one coax to DECA and one coax to HR44. If I understand correctly, I simply remove coax from splitter to DECA, terminate, and keep the other coax from splitter to HR44? I read this from someone else's post. Or can I simply remove SWM 2-way splitter and have one coax from "signal to IRD" directly to HR44?

I would just take the splitter out of the mix. Just try to keep the coax from the PI to the HR44 a little long as recommended above.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#24 OFFLINE   ttown

ttown

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

I would just take the splitter out of the mix. Just try to keep the coax from the PI to the HR44 a little long as recommended above.

- Merg

Thanks so much for quick reply! Was not sure if 2-way splitter had any purpose for dc power pass. I would not need to terminate anything then since I am using both ports on power inserter - with coax from wall in to PI and then coax from PI to HR44. I am going to go set up and see how this works with whole home. Just think it's better to not use wireless in HR44 since modem/router is right next to HR44 and I can plug ethernet in directly.

Edited by ttown, 22 August 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#25 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,777 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

Just think it's better to not use wireless in HR44 since modem/router is right next to HR44 and I can plug ethernet in directly.

Yup. and the fact that is so close can cause interference.  just plug n play

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#26 OFFLINE   ttown

ttown

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Love my new Genie and am glad I kep my HR24 for my other tv instead of "upgrading" to Genie mini. On HR24 I simply have coax from wall to that unit and whole home works fine.

#27 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,777 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

Love my new Genie and am glad I kep my HR24 for my other tv instead of "upgrading" to Genie mini. On HR24 I simply have coax from wall to that unit and whole home works fine.

Yup, HR24 and a Genie makes a great set up with 7 tuners to record!

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#28 OFFLINE   ttown

ttown

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Set up worked based upon recommendations here. Got rid of SWM splitter and hooked up coax direct from Power Inserter to HR44. Then plugged in Ethernet direct from Modem/Router to HR44. Everything is working perfectly. Whole Home works. Internet connection fine on both HR44 and HR24. I had to reset GenieGo a few times but that works fine too now. Thanks everyone!

#29 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,248 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

Good to hear; thanks for the update. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...